ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Electrical Engineering Technician performs complex mechanical duties on machines and equipment needed for production and performs PLC programming and electrical troubleshooting as necessary. This position is primarily a Monday - Friday first shift position but the ideal candidate must be flexible to cover mechanical and electrical issues on other shifts and weekends as needed.
- Assists in the development of the production and manufacturing processes.
- Provides equipment maintenance and technical support to production department.
- Recommends the correct and appropriate procedures of the production assembly.
- Minimizes equipment downtime and ensures all production equipment is functional at all times.
- Tests, calibrates, repairs and modifies control and instrumentation systems for plant production/process equipment.
- Analyzes malfunctions of instruments and control systems, and determines necessary steps to repair equipment.
- Prepares reports and records on calibration, inspection, testing, and repair activities.
- Assembles, tests, and modifies experimental and/or operational electrical machinery, electrical control equipment, electrical circuitry and components according to engineering specifications in industrial or commercial plants and laboratories.
- Diagnoses causes of malfunctions or failures and performs preventive/corrective maintenance.
- Records data; recommends modification or replacement of failed equipment.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as electronic controls, conveyor systems, production machines and equipment.
- Lays out, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electronic developmental and production equipment, parts, components, and systems according to engineering instructions.
- Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Evaluates performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Two year Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance field preferred.
- Five or more year’s industrial electro- mechanical maintenance experience.
- Project experience including design, planning, implementation and debugging control systems.
- Ability to read, program and troubleshoot various forms of PLC code including but not limited to Allen Bradley, Omron and Siemens.
- Ability to work from electrical schematics, including troubleshooting and also design of electrical circuitry.
Other Pertinent Job Information: While performing the duties of this job:
- The associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance.
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- The noise level is usually loud.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
Back to top