ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN - CALHOUN, GA - 1ST SHIFT
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States. P
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Use electrical drawings and diagrams, to assist with the installation of various types of electrical equipment and controls according to specifications and codes.
- Assemble, run conduit, pull wire, calibrate, and install electrical control panels for new or re-built equipment.
- Direct, assist, and/or provide technical assistance in diagnosing and solving problems related to electrical work.
- Ability to work with plant engineers and supervisors in the initial start-up and check-out of electrical systems for new installations of machinery and equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance on systems and equipment as directed by supervision.
- Maintain and up-to-date knowledge of new electrical systems and technological developments or change in systems in facility
- work with supervision to rebuild or modify electronic controls on existing machinery to achieve desired performance.
- Work with production supervision to correct electronic problems with machinery
- Assist with providing labor and material cost estimates for projects.
- Ability to make accurate sketches to be used to create electrical drawings
- Maintain plant services electronic test instruments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent safety and attendance record
- Ability to work well with others and being dependable
- Work any shift, weekends and holidays as required
- work extended hours and overtime when needed
- Two year electronics degree or 5 years electronic experience
- Possess a thorough understanding of the basic principles of DC and AC circuits
- Ability to correctly use laboratory test equipment, including voltmeter, oscilloscope, and function generator
- Working knowldege of programmable logic controllers
Back to top