Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The EHS Specialist will create and implement a world class safety system that identifies risk, eliminates hazards and strives for continuous safety improvement and standardization throughout the manufacturing process. Will comply with all applicable OSHA and EPA regulatory requirements and serve as a technical resource to the organization.
- Lead efforts to create and sustain a safe, healthy and organized working environment for all areas of the manufacturing plant.
- Assist in the implementation of a facility wide Lock-out Tag-out (LOTO) program in which everyone is an authorized associate.
- Develops, coordinates, and/or conducts health and safety programs.
- Drives administrative controls and engineering controls to eliminate hazards in the facility to create a zero incident workplace.
- Participate or lead internal Incident Investigations to find continuous improvement opportunities either in work practices or work conditions with the use of solid root cause analysis.
- Provides First Aid as needed to the team members needing medical attention.
- Maintains OSHA Log and administers workers compensation documentation, records, and activity.
- Coordinates with the EHS Manager to ensure compliance with related governmental regulations and reporting requirements.
- Conducts hazard and safety assessments and maintains applicable records.
- Develops and administers OSHA compliance programs.
- Communicates with EHS Manager on all aspects of plant environmental, safety and health issues.
- Works with shift safety teams to provide support for all safety related issues.
- Promotes Behavior Based Safety and the continuous improvement of the process.
- Teaches and/or coordinates mandatory and other safety training and maintains training records.
- Support EHS Manager to maintain the Noise and Silica Control Plans including the Respiratory Protection Program
- Assists in conducting Industrial Hygiene Monitoring to identify and evaluate safety and health risks and compliance exposure.
- Identify areas of improvement and opportunities to mitigate or eliminate risks utilizing the R3 and MOC processes
- Engage to obtain and sustain OSHAS 18001 Certification
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
10 hrs. OSHA compliance training or equivalent.
Knowledge and continual education of workers compensation compliance requirements and OSHA regulations and compliance procedures.
- At least 2 years’ experience in health and safety. 1-3 years training in OSHA standards. Training development and presentation experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and knowledge to appropriate levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to apply results effectively.
- Exercises independent judgment and initiative.
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel are mandatory.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top