DISTRICT MANAGER HARD SURFACE - Nashville
District Manager - Mohawk Hard Surfaces (Nashville)
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best sales professionals to help facilitate our continued growth! At Mohawk we’re always creating opportunities for high performing Sales Professionals! Are you the best? If so come build your career with us!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company – and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge - allowing you to focus on selling!
- We dominate the space in the flooring category
- Our product portfolio is second to none
- We have a great and experienced sales support staff and the latest in technical tools (iPad Air, proprietary account management application)
- Company sales leaders have an unparalleled track record of success; they know how to build top-producing sales organizations
The District Manager will be over a team of Territory Managers, covering TN, KY, and Southern OH (Columbus & Cincinnati). Territory Managers are given incentives to grow their business! We provide all of the tools to do just that including the support of a product management team that is totally attuned to the market and delivers what our customers want! We also provide a competitive compensation package with a generous commission structure, and virtually every benefit from health insurance with a company funded HSA account, dental and vision coverage, a matched 401K, tuition reimbursement, company paid life and disability insurance and more.
- Routinely participates in sales calls with Territory Managers, this includes but is not limited to: traveling to customers and potential customer’s facilities utilizing persuasive sales and negotiation techniques to supplement Territory Manager's selling efforts. Answers any customer questions concerning a product or service, with appropriate referrals where required. Evaluates Territory Manager performance during these visits and provides constructive feedback on techniques, selling strategies and tactics to help Sales Representatives attain established sales goals.
- Monitors District performance against established objectives/guidelines and take the appropriate action to improve performance.
- Provides first level of management review of customer service issues, disconnects with marketing policies; communicates aggregate customer requirements and requests support from other departments as necessary; summarizes product specific customer feedback (i.e. product features, quality, functionality, competition, possible sales results, etc. to sales & marketing managers as appropriate to assist in achieving company’s mission, vision and objectives.
- Assists in establishing sales objectives for the District in conjunction with the General Sales Manager/ RVP and ensures sales activities in the District comply with established policies, procedures and practices, using good judgment and decision-making to ensure corporate ethical and professional standards of conduct are maintained in the absence of formalized guidelines.
- Stays abreast of analyzes and informs senior management of industry, product, economic, and other changes that may impact sales and overall company business; provides timely summary of activities in the field and special reporting to assist in the business and product planning.
- Performs analysis on District opportunities and develops forecast for sales by product and other statistical reports as required on a timely basis; identifies additional activities, training or materials necessary to achieve specific product sales goals in key accounts and markets; responsible for identifying and continuously improving activities that can affect customer perception.
- Approves a territory coverage plan, which defines the type of support and frequency of customer contact required to meet territory goals.
- Approves and processes Territory Manager expenses. Provides recommendations for expense budgets; manages business expenses in accordance with corporate guidelines; ensures all assigned company owned equipment, vehicles, documents, materials, etc. in the District are used, maintained and stored as required and in accordance with company policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent preferred.
- 6-7 years of progressively responsible work related experience and any combination of education and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, combined with demonstrated professional growth and achievement.
- Management, strategic consulting and project management experience preferred in a complex business environment involving multiple business issues role is required.
- Requires experience in managing a sales force. Requires extensive travel (70%).
- Ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense control to plan, implement and maximize expenditure of funds while maintaining and improving quality standards
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with senior management, internal and external business contacts.
- Broad knowledge of the Company’s products/services and systems
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, the desire and capability of motivating and directing the activities of others including a persistence and willingness to take calculated risk and the ability to stimulate new ideas within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through team efforts, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas and the ability to lead, counsel and coach a diverse work group
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching strategic decisions; ability to manage conflicting demands for resources through negotiation
- Organizational ability to redirect skills to support new technologies while maintaining current commitments; ability to deal in a high pressure environment, often in a crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems.
- Ability to utilize innovative skills necessary to modify, adapt or devise new work procedures and practices and ability to manage/implement projects and contribute to concept development
- Must have the ability to create a vision of the future needs of the department from an internal, sales support and customer support viewpoint. Transform this vision into goals and work plans for the team to achieve.
- Must be an effective Leader. Catalyzes commitment to and vigorous pursuit of a clear and compelling vision, simulating higher performance standards.
- Strong personal computer skills with knowledge of applicable software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MS Project, MS Outlook, Lotus Notes.
- Possible limited exposure to dust and fumes in warehouses and retailers
- May be required to lift and move up to 35lbs
- We retain the right to modify, adjust or change relevant job duties as business needs dictate
- Extended periods of standing, sitting, and or driving will be required
- Mohawk is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top