Distribution Planner - 2nd Shift
The purpose of this position is to move freight in a timely, safe and cost-effective manner.
This is a 2nd Shift position 3PM -11PM or 4PM -12AM (TBD)
- Develop communication that provides coordination of all activities required to ensure the fleet capacity plan is executed timely and correctly.
- Manage day to day activities to assure the plan is being met and execute appropriate countermeasures for deviations.
- Ensure accuracy of inbound and outbound fleet shipments
- Manage onsite Distribution Coordinators over 4 Distribution Centers in NWGA
- Analysis on delayed load and unload reporting
- Analysis on incorrect product loads on fleet
- Partner with Capacity Planners to analyze breakdowns to determine most cost effective and timely course of action.
- High school diploma required
- 0-2 years of job related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Strong problem solving and
- Decision making ability
- Self-managed and highly motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Integrity and reliability
- Ability to forecast and logically analyze issues, evaluate alternatives, and make the best overall decisions based on service requirements, freight demand, economical factors, customer relations, and driver needs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced setting with rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to properly plan daily goals to drive efficiency and maximize profitability for the customer and the driver
Back to top