DIRECTOR PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT- HOSPITALITY
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
This position directs the strategic planning and organizing of assigned product line(s) from conceptual stage through product life cycle to optimize profit, as well as meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives. This position will focus on hospitality product lines for healthcare and senior living.
- Develops both short and long-term strategic plans and implements actions to achieve results.
- Develops and implements pricing and profit margin initiatives in order to achieve annual financial objectives.
- Monitors competitors to ensure Mohawk products are competitive in look, price and quality.
- Establishes product quality standards.
- Develops relationships with vendors to provide best quality and the lowest cost.
- Visits regional markets to stay abreast of product issues and opportunities.
- Leads improvement actions through management and production teams.
- Supports brand by attending National and Regional meetings.
- Develops and delivers product presentations and sales tools to internal and external customers.
- Facilitates problem resolution related to product quality and supply chain issues.
- Directs and leads new product development.
- Maintains relationships with field personnel and helps resolve problems.
- Visits Mohawk manufacturing plants to ensure product quality.
- Manages special projects and performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred. Knowledge of finished building products and multi-brand development preferred.
Minimum of 8 years of progressive marketing and product management responsibility. Experience (or a sound understanding) in manufacturing and sales.
- Ability to influence and foster teamwork at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and delegate.
- Must have strong/proven leadership and organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Back to top