DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES - DISTRIBUTION
Develop and implement HR initiatives in line with strategic plans for distribution. Ensure human capital is positioned accordingly to grow with the Distribution centers. In conjunction with HR initiatives, must be able to develop, communicate and execute strategic HR visions through direct reports.
- Maintains a strong partnership with the top business leader to support business objectives, by providing leadership for people initiatives, programs and strategies for the organization.
- Provides expert HR counsel in the areas of performance management, change management, compensation, organizational development, recognition programs, succession planning, training, leadership, labor and employee relations and work environment issues.
- Keeps business management apprised of organizational climate, identify actual or anticipated problems, communicate with managers involved, and offer consultative assistance.
- Directs the staffing and recruiting process to ensure the availability of employees to satisfy the current needs, as well as projected “critical skills” in the future. Works with line management to enhance their abilities of attracting stable, highly qualified candidates through enlightened recruiting, evaluation, and selection programs.
- Responsible to understanding the business needs and issues and is expected to develop and implement the strongest “best practices” solutions to resolve issues.
- Refines and continues to develop training and development programs that will result in quality associates to build and support bench strength requirements for the company.
- Prepares annual progression / succession plans for assigned facilities.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations relating to fair employment practices, employee safety and health; as well as company policies and procedures.
- Develops preventive labor relations to minimize 3rd party influence.
- Represents to organization before community groups, professional societies and other organization as required.
- Manages the recruiting process for all Distribution locations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
Bachelors Degree in HR Management or related field. Knowledge of regulatory laws, labor law and best practices in Human Resources. A Masters Degree is preferred.
Ten plus years of progressive Human Resources experience with at least seven years of management experience. Multi-location and distribution experience required.
Strong business acumen. Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organization. Ability to analyze data and apply results. Strong interpersonal, leadership and developmental skills. Ability to handle conflict resolution and support and successfully manage organization change
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top