Director Human Resources
We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We’re redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive. If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions; while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
As our Director of Human Resources Manager you'll be advising our business partners on a wide range of HR and business related topics to improve Mohawk. If you are a difference maker with expertise in Human Resource and strong business acumen then this may be the opportunity for you.
Works closely with the VP HR to plan, develop and design Human Resources programs, policies and practices that supports specific goals and objectives of the business unit, while ensuring compliance to corporate HR and regulatory standards are maintained. Responsible for developing and implementing effective recruiting and hiring procedures and practices that will result in attracting and retaining the best qualified and best matched
- Provides interpretation of and facilitates adherence to corporate policies and procedures; ensures continued compliance and guides management in handling sensitive HR issues. Provides first response/line of defense on employee relations issues. Keeps Senior HR informed of issues that have the potential to become complex and present a risk to employees and/or the company.
- Oversees the administration of and compliance to compensation, benefits, EEO and other human resources policies and procedures in accordance within corporate guidelines; oversees the request, approval and processing of personnel actions for the region. Provides training and guidance to management and employees as needed; responds to routine questions regarding compensation and benefits programs, works with division and/or corporate functional specialist to resolve more complex issues. Develop and maintain reporting systems and procedures that are in compliance with established administrative policies, regulations and acceptable HR and payroll practices.
- Manages the employment and recruiting function for the business unit; develops and oversees procedures and activities to recruit and/or develop sources of recruitment, interview and screen applicants, coordinate the selection, screening, processing and orientation of new employees; ensures compliance to all company and regulatory requirements and reporting that governs the employment function; reviews and maintains appropriate employment records and systems and administers effective and efficient workforce planning strategies.
- Confers with business unit management teams to assist with identifying and developing programs to resolve employee skills training and development needs. Works with HR senior management to develop, locate, review, recommend and/or deliver training programs to knowledge and skills required to optimize individual and business unit performance.
- Ensures Human Resources activities, employee records, records retention, information distribution and regulatory reporting comply with Federal, State, Company and accrediting agencies Coordinates administrative and logistical details associated with the day-to-day operations of the HR Department; coaches, develops and motivates subordinate staff to achieve goal, objectives and professional growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related field.
- 5 years of progressively responsible professional HR experience with a minimum of 3 years in a management, supervisory or lead capacity, working with a diverse team in a diverse environment. Professional certifications a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of the laws, regulations, policies, procedures and practical application governing the functions of Human Resources.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret, adapt, known methods, system procedures or operating concepts to new situations
- Demonstrated experience leading or facilitating the development and implementation of business oriented projects
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with Mohawk’s senior management, internal and external business contacts; ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility and the desire and capability of motivating and directing the activities of others, and the ability to work effectively in a diverse work group
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through team efforts, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas.
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues related to Human Resources.
- Ability to deal in a high-pressure environment (occasionally in a crisis situation) and render good decisions to resolve the problems.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Back to top