DIRECTOR ENGINEERING OPERATIONS - RESILIENT
This position serves as the leader for the Resilient campus maintenance and operational support teams, including automation engineering, electrical engineering, and preventative and plant maintenance teams. Responsible both directly and through subordinates for the management, coordination and supervision of personnel to manage a cost-effective service oriented team so manufacturing may achieve its goals and implement company improvement. The Maintenance Department provides equipment maintenance and repair for all assigned facilities and/or sites using the most up to date methods available. Position is responsible for providing support and assistance to Manufacturing Plants in developing and implementing plans for major capital improvements and maintenance projects in the manufacturing process. Acts as resource for designing and installation of new/enhanced systems.
- Leads maintenance operations, establishes priorities and sequences for repair and preventive maintenance services; monitors schedules to ensure tasks and scheduled deadlines are met in order to plan department operations; prepares operational schedule and coordinates department activities to ensure maintenance services are performed to specifications in an efficient, cost effective, and customer-responsive manner. Monitors and reports daily maintenance related activity.
- Manages process improvement, modifications, upgrades and expansion projects for the facility. Works closely with various departments to plan and coordinate routine, preventive, and emergency maintenance to maximize equipment availability and production output while minimizing production downtime and operational delays.
- Develops and works with supervisors in all areas such as employee relations, problem solving, setting and achieving goals, manufacturing processes, skill development, scheduling, disciplinary action, terminations, equipment problems, etc. Provides assistance to employees and supervisors in solving work related problems; evaluates the issue and meets with supervisors and human resources to determine the most effective remediation technique.
- Works closely with plant safety and quality teams to proactively identify issues and develop and/or enhance related programs and procedures; ensures programs are maintained, that the department and plant is in compliance with applicable law and established Company standards, and the appropriate training and equipment is given to all employees.
- Works with senior plant management to plan, develop and control budgets, to ensure the cost-effective production of high quality products for delivery to customers. Actively participates on short-term planning meetings and projects addressing issues related to labor, manufacturing processes, material requirements, and equipment upgrades based on forecasts of product demand, technology changes, changes in productivity, supplier capacity, industry trends, performance measures, goals and results, etc. Requires the ability to maintain an awareness of new techniques, methods, and equipment to assist senior plant management in developing plans and implementing policies to continuously improve processes and increase product quality.
- Utilizes engineering studies and Company methodology to determine and define the project plan requirements. Duties may include:
- Ensures manufacturing project engineering designs comply with codes, standards and regulations for Local, State and Federal Regulating Authorities along with FM Global.
- Provide engineered solutions and root cause analysis for complex manufacturing and support equipment issues for production facilities within Area of Responsibility.
- Prioritizes multiple schedules and project deliverables through consensus building and cooperation.
- Continuously analyze costs and develop cost reduction plans for capital improvements and maintenance projects; provide support to facility managers in the implementation of cost reduction initiatives as needed.
- Monitors and reports performance of the manufacturing project (capital improvement or maintenance) to ensure that all contractual, costs and schedule objectives are met.
- Responsible for the communication of the manufacturing project status to all stakeholders; conducts regularly scheduled manufacturing project reviews, provides timely project summaries and reports to senior management.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Maintenance, Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in a related area with at least three years supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense control to plan, implement, and control expenditure while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Demonstrated experience of skill and expertise required to perform troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, and other basic mechanical and operating problems.
- Ability to use sound creative thinking to solve complex manufacturing problems
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills order to effectively interact with management, internal, and external customers. Includes ability to understand technical proposals and reports and make technical presentations to small groups
- Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases and/or systems and all assigned machinery and related equipment
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and exercise good judgment to resolve problems in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
- Excellent human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group and achieve results through team efforts. Ability and desire to motivate, persuade, and direct the activities of other.
- Ability to travel as required.
Work environment is a high-traffic production floor, which may include hazardous conditions caused by noise, exposure to heat, risk of shock, and airborne particles. Must be able to walk long distances, climb on machinery, and stand for long periods of time. Bending, crouching, and stooping may be required. Must be able to work in non-climate controlled facilities. May be required to work a flexible schedule to include evening and night shifts, weekends, and holidays as well as being on call for maintenance related emergencies.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Back to top