Director Design Segment - Workplace
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States
This position will lead product, design strategy & development process within the defined market sector & across applicable product categories. Build & maintain market segment awareness of product type requirements, design styling & color needs. This is a design biased opportunity.
Segment Design Director, is a position aimed at building & driving market segment awareness, by product type. Focused on specialist driven development and the creation of innovative color/design solutions. The position to be driven from a design background, a mandatory skill set necessary to fulfil the role and deliver success, carpet experienced preferred.
- Track overall design, styling, color & flooring industry trends.
- Create fashion forward & segment focused flooring product. Independently, within a team based environment & where needed across departmental support functions.
- With a design bias, promote Mohawk designed & developed flooring products via internal & external communication channels.
- Continually learn new product knowledge and acquire improved designing skills across all our product categories. Where required share acquired skills within & across the team.
- Assume mentoring/mentored role as appropriate in agreement with design management.
- Stay abreast of competition, competitive issues, products, existing and potential markets for Mohawk products.
- Attend and participate in segment specific sales meetings, conferences, marketing seminars and trade shows.
- Visit key architects & Interior designers to help identify product gaps, needs, showcase product underdevelopment & capture market intelligence.
- Use customer knowledge (hierarchy and structure) to target the key decision makers and market intelligence to develop new product offerings
- Use sales data to help determine opportunities.
- Maintain a continuously high quality standard of design and color in output
- Ensure that design solutions fit manufacturing criteria (manufacturability) for installation.
- Be aware of fashion forecasts and trend direction - feedback to creative design function.
- Maintain the originality of all design materials, adhere to intellectual property & copyright laws.
- Liaise with creative design to develop trend analysis and mood boards to define future colour and design direction.
- Develop and give presentations to key accounts & internal departments, to promote Mohawk flooring products, emphasising how our design-led initiatives can improve their performance & visual aesthetics.
- Manage priorities, self & within a team environment, including daily management.
- Travel will be required, up to 30-40% both domestic & where required internationally.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to the corporate brand guidelines
- Degree prefered but not required; must have 8- 10 years of experience in textile design.
- Use design, project management and customer service support to share workload as appropriate.
- Manage mid-level and junior designers to complete design product needs.
- Work within assigned market segment, however you will be required to support other segments as required.
- Work with, develop positive relationships with, and coordinate activities with other employees in Mohawk sales, marketing, design, project management, administration, customer service, logistics, finance, and operations departments nationally and worldwide.
- Communicate effectively: management & any direct reports.
- Communicate directly only with the prior agreement of that territory’s rep, agent or sales/design management.
- Ensure that you act and work within a team environment.
Candidates with Furniture experience is plus
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top