Director Customer Services - Residential
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Develop and direct management of the Residential Customer Service function to ensure customer satisfaction, improved operational efficiency, and low abandonment. Direct and oversee all aspects of customer service policies, objectives and initiatives. Develop and establish procedures and policies governing customer correspondence and the handling of customer complaints. Recommend changes to products or services and implement action steps to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Coach and lead team of Managers, Supervisors, and frontline team members.
- Evaluate and facilitate changes to business processes and workflow to deliver maximum productivity at minimized cost. Plan and communicate changes in processes, policies, practices or procedures in a clear, concise and expedient manner throughout the organization
- Understand key market trends and implement improvement initiatives to build a world-class call center operation.
- Establish and implement performance standards and metrics.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction for the delivery of pre-and post-sales services and support to Mohawk internal and external customers
- Provide vision and leadership to develop and maintain a high-performance customer service team.
- Oversee and direct recruitment and selection of the best possible candidates for the customer service team.
- Direct all facets of customer retention including participating in the resolution of customer concerns and defining and developing a customer contact strategy.
- Have the ability to collaborate with other departments to advocate improvements based on customer needs.
- Liaison between customers and Mohawk business units to resolve status, production, delivery and billing inquiries.
- Analyze operational processes and perform training needs assessments for identifying opportunities for service delivery improvements and value added to the customer. Bring modern, best in class vision to Mohawk.
- Maximize effectiveness of all forms of customer communication: phone calls, emails, live chats, etc.
- Plan to ensure staffing levels are sufficient to handle peak holiday volumes.
- Drive budget process, staffing plans, and other financial aspects of customer service
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Knowledge of and experience with call center technologies (phone switch, e-mail applications, workforce management tools, monitoring technology, etc.)
- 10+ years of progressively responsible customer service experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in customer service management in a complex business environment.
- Approved combination of education and training which provide the required knowledge, skills, abilities and managerial acumen to perform the essential functions of the job, combined with demonstrated professional growth and achievement.
- Demonstrated passion for enhancing the customer experience, excellent leadership skills, and a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Demonstrated results orientation.
- Ability to define, measure, and continually improve key performance metrics.
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching strategic decisions. Ability to manage conflicting demands for resources through negotiation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting and expense control to plan, implement and maximize expenditure of funds while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with senior management and internal and external business contacts.
- Broad knowledge of the Company’s products, services and systems.
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility; the desire and capability of motivating and directing the activities of others; and willingness to take calculated risk and stimulate new ideas within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through team efforts. Willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions. Ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas and to lead, counsel and coach a diverse work group.
- Organizational ability to redirect skills to support new demands while maintaining current commitments.
- Ability to create a vision of future needs of the department from an internal, sales support and customer support viewpoint and transform this vision into goals and work plans for the team to achieve.
- Strong personal computer skills with knowledge of applicable software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Lotus Notes.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top