Director Brand Marketing Commercial
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best DIRECTOR BRAND MARKETING Professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing DIRECTOR BRAND MARKETING Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
This position leads brand strategy, positioning and marketing communications initiatives for the Mohawk Group, our commercial business of Mohawk Industries, in our six commercial segments; Corporate, Commercial Real Estate/Tenant Improvement, Health Care, Education, Hospitality and Retail.
- Develop strategic direction of the Mohawk Group brand with product development, product development and sales
- Lead the develop and implement all marketing collateral and promotions across our 6 commercial segments
- Project Manage the execution of all marketing launches in our soft product lines and Durkan hospitality brand
- Manage the brand guidelines as the Mohawk Group brand expands to include new products and target new segments while maintaining the brand essence
- Drive initiatives and activities that improve our ROI for marketing initiatives, including cross-segment and regionally focused activities and customer events in key regions
- Manage several key tradeshow events throughout the year to include HD and NeoCon as well as major Mohawk Group sponsored customer events
- Manage the Mohawk Group communication plan and contribute to annual strategic planning
- Work with product development and product management on product launch plans and branding strategies
- Manage day-to-day agency relationships
- Contribute to website content and social media strategy
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field required. MBA preferred.
- 8-12 years of applicable work experience that includes knowledge of marketing concepts and business operating procedures
- Experience in brand management that includes planning, budgeting, financial management analysis, and reporting
- Demonstrated experience managing a team of employees
- Intermediate to advance proficiency level in the following areas: Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Business Writing concepts and techniques
- Desire to and capable of motivating and directing others including a persistence and willingness to take calculated risk
- Ability to stimulate and present new ideas within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through team efforts
- Willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas and ability to lead, counsel and coach a diverse group
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching strategic decisions; ability to manage conflicting demands for resources through negotiation
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact and negotiate with internal and external customers, business contacts, at all organizational levels
- Ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards
- Ability to create a vision of the future need of the business unit from an internal, sales support and customer support viewpoint, and transform this vision into goals and work plans for the sales team to achieve
- Ability to persuade senior management and the willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions
- Vendor management experience with clear communication and strong contract negotiation skills
Associates Supervised: Directs a diverse team of exempt and nonexempt employees
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Back to top