DESIGNER (Wood Laminate)
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, arazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Designer to support our continued growth! There are always opportunities for high performing Designers to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
This position is responsible for coordinating the daily studio functions in support of the design department.
- Perform standard studio functions which include identifying design trends, sourcing materials, design assembly, pre-press and coordinating collections to ensure Mohawk brands are providing the most cutting edge designs to customers.
- Coordinate daily studio functions while maintaining daily contact with Design Manager to ensue functions run smoothly. Resolve questions and issues, referring the most complex issues to the Design Director.
- Develop and manage existing product library and new product concept library.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Provide input within the larger product team on design direction and strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in design with an emphasis in surface design
- Three years of relevant studio experience, preferably in the wall covering, textile or flooring industries
- Intermediate knowledge of Photoshop is a must
- Strong color and design background a must
- Experience with digital separations a plus
- Demonstrated creativity with the ability to integrate visual solutions into a design concept
- Proven ability to research and apply market/trend information
- Self-motivated, highly detailed and deadline oriented with excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be able to multi-task and work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Ability to function in a matrixed organization and to work across boundaries by using teamwork, influencing and negotiation skills to meet important deadlines.
- Must be highly detailed, organized and self-motivated.
- Able to start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency.
- Able to develop unique and novel solutions to problems; use intuition and a new way of thinking to give birth to new ideas; to present information in an attention-getting and interesting manner.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top