Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
The designer utilizes creativity and innovation to conceptualize and develop product designs/patterns and color. This is accomplished by having a complete understanding and knowledge of company assets; researching market trends; and communicating with clients. Performs duties with latitude for independent judgment and decision-making within the framework of the job’s essential dutiesand responsibilities. This job typically works with a senior level designer/stylist.
BFA Textile/Fibers preferred
- Consults with senior level designers and external clients to determine project needs, develop a product design plan to meet the needs of the company and/or client. Assist senior level designers with translating company and/or client needs into multiple design options that allow flexibility in achieving the goals of the project. Works with clients, management, sales team and other internal and external customers to establish and conform to appropriate time and budget constraints for each project.
- Uses artistic skills and basic design principles to develop desired product characteristics, such as size, shape, weight, color, materials used and cost. Assist with planning, developing, and designing creative, aesthetic product designs that are consistent with the image of Company brands. Follows all design projects from conception to production to ensure the best quality and cost effective product.
- Works in a team environment to contribute ideas for concept development and to refine existing products/product brands.
- Maintains information on design projects for future reference and/or use.
- Researches and monitors design trends to sharpen skills, keep with current technology and software, and determine ways to enhance the Company’s image and designs from those of the competitor.
- Performs other duties as required.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
- Four-year college degree
- Trained in color and design application.
- Ability to operate within the Adobe Photoshop and NedGraphics programs.
- Excellent drawing skills
- Must have the ability to think creatively.
- Good time management skills in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Some overnight traveling is required.
- Understanding of and art design principles and concepts.
- Familiarity with Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) is desired.
- BFA TEXTILE/ FIBERS PREFERRED
- Must be an effective team member.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks with concentration and accuracy to meet multiple deadlines and shifting priorities to meet customer specifications and production schedules/requirements.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively interact with team members, management, and other internal and external customers and to build positive interpersonal relationships with various business partners in a cross-functional environment.
- Consistent, proven ability to manage and implement projects and to contribute to concept development.
- Ability to approach unfamiliar situations and conceptualize a range of creative and imaginative solutions with ease, using creativity skills to document and sell them to clients
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top