Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
The Designer I will be guided by Senior level designers to design and support Print, CYP, and Axminster carpet.
- Use artistic skills and basic design principles to develop desired product characteristics and prepare artwork for clients’ approval.
- Responsible for following instruction from management and completing work in a timely manner as well as work with other designers in the studio.
- Other duties as assigned
Four year college degree in a related field, preferably in Fine Art, or Textile Design required.
Understanding of art design principles and concept
Demonstrated creative and artistic achievement with a minimum of 1 year job specific work experience is required.
Familiarity with Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) is desired.
- Must be an effective team member
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks with concentration and accuracy to meet multiple deadlines and shifting priorities to meet customer specifications and production schedules/requirements.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively interact with team members, management, and other internal and external customers and to build positive interpersonal relationships with various business partners in a cross – functional environment.
- Consistent, proven ability to manage and implement projects and to contribute to concept development.
- Ability to approach unfamiliar situations and conceptualize a range of creative and imaginative solutions with ease, using creativity skills to document and sell them to clients.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top