DESIGN SERVICE CENTER CONSULTANT
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Design Service Center Consultant provides interior design of tile and stone to current and prospective customers to facilitate customer experience and influence sales/purchasing decision. Maintains ALL aspects of the showroom and selling tools to guarantee a positive customer experience. Serves as a key liaison within the design and architectural community working alongside Sales Reps, Arch Reps and Managers in order to drive specifications and sales.
- Provides interior design advice, tile and stone selection, and project development/support ensuring the completion of selection/sales for customers including Architects, Designer, Builders, Remodelers, as well as walk-in customers.
- Effectively communicates back to our “direct” customers, when appropriate, the selections, to ensure tracking/follow up and closing of all aspects of the sales transactions.
- Takes full ownership of the showroom. Keeps the showroom samples stocked and maintains supply and distribution. Works with Marketing for proper merchandising of showroom, including new product launches and drops. Keeps showroom clean and updated.
- Supports the DSC showroom strategy and initiatives.
- Logs all client visits, contact information, and detailed customer preference and selection notes.
- Hosts showroom tours for architects, designers, builders, and customers.
- Makes outside sales calls as needed to develop clients and grow business.
- Plans and hosts events to drive customer sales. Minimum of 1 per quarter.
- Immerses in the Design/Architectural community by attending minimum 8 industry and trade events per year.
- Executes drawings and projects in AutoCad Project management, when applicable.
- Serves as a professional designer resource for other team members.
- Maintains detailed customer records including selections and sales sheets.
- Follows up on all selection sheets/leads and updates additional installation/purchasing information as needed to close the sale.
- Researches and monitors industry design trends to sharpen skills and keep current.
- Closes sales for own specified projects or passes project to the appropriate team member.
- Follows up on sales leads with direct customer and influences customers experience to impact buying decision.
- Presents 3rd party products to customers incorporating in complete room selection. Maintains contact with suppliers to keep current on design and product options. Facilitate with customer. Manage order and inventory of samples.
- Works in a team environment assisting SSC/Gallery Managers, Arch Reps and Sales Reps, along with other SSC staff.
- Maintains a safe working environment by obeying all safety rules as outlined in the Safety Program.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
- Two to Four year College Degree in Interior Design preferred or equivalent experience
- Two or more years of experience in the following: interior design, customer service, sales, ceramic tile and/or stone.
- Trained in color and design application.
- Basic drawing skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Must have the ability to think creatively.
- Ability to read blue prints and plans.
- Good time management skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of art and design history.
- Ability to operate basic computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as Auto-Cad.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively interact with team members, management, and other internal and external customers to build positive interpersonal relationships with various business partners.
- Ability to approach unfamiliar situations and conceptualize a range of creative and imaginative solutions with ease, using creativity skills to document and sell them to client.
Other Pertinent Job Information:
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance. The associate may lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures. The noise level is usually loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Back to top