Cutting & Milling Quality Inspector/Team Member
Being an industry leader would not be possible without a winning team. Mohawk Flooring is constantly looking for creative, innovative, and enthusiastic winners like you to join our team in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Logistics/Supply Chain. We offer a variety of challenging and exciting career opportunities at our different operations and locations. Mohawk Flooring is dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining winning team members in every aspect of our business. Start your career search today and find the perfect fit!
Inspects manufactured product from production lines to insure end consumer satisfaction. Work with machine operator to correct defects.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Complies with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Assembles and thoroughly inspects product quality throughout the production shift. Regularly pulls planks from production containers, assembling them together, and inspecting thoroughly.
- Reports defects or other quality issues to the machine operator immediately.
- Signs off on product quality.
- Follows up to ensure defects are corrected.
- Documents and records inspection results in a spreadsheet format.
- Performs basic ShopFloor tasks related to creating and releasing containers.
- Sorts rejected planks (B stack). Documents and records the results of sorting.
- Loads, unloads and moves material using forklift.
- During change-over and PM, assists machine operator with assigned tasks.
- Performs other tasks assigned by management.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic Computer skills
- Proven experience in a quality related, fast paced production environment
- Attention to detail, good communication and team interaction skills
- Desire to learn and be trained on product specifications
- Forklift experience or willingness to learn to operate forklift
- Must have achieved minimum acceptable levels on Work Keys assessment tests for - Applied Mathematics, Applied Technology, Locating Information and Reading for Information
AA /EEO / Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top