Customs Brokerage Entry Supervisor
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Customs Brokerage Entry Supervisor will provide expertise on U.S. Import Customs Brokerage and compliance matters by implementing compliance standards, reports, databases and system updates for Mohawk in regulatory areas such as Customs classification, valuation, record keeping, trade programs, audit, compliance education and training. This includes imports and exports for multiple divisions of Mohawk Inc.
- Maintain knowledge of Customs Brokerage rules and regulations in areas such as Customs classification, valuation, country of origin, record keeping, trade programs, and brokerage software.
- Monitor work of all Mohawk Customs Import Analyst to ensure compliance with all Federal Regulations.
- Provide training and ensure continued competency of all Mohawk Import Analyst to ensure optimal level of Customs service.
- Maintains various online system files in the IOR module for Canadian Shipments of Mohawk as well as procedures and processes in the Unilin North American Division. These files and processes extend from our raw material vendor thru manufacturing, pricing, order entry, shipping and customs documentation.
- Addresses diverse range of inquiries related to NAFTA eligibility, documentation and compliance.
- Instrumental in fact gathering and compiling responses to major audits from foreign governments.
- Monitor all new regulatory issues and inform management and employees.
- Manage internal data reports and implement process improvements to ensure optimal entry and release procedures.
- Prepare required documents and implement procedures according to customer standards an ensure service requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of other government agency requirements, such as USDA, FDA, EPA, Lacey Act
- Maintain accuracy of internal HTS reports
- Perform transaction audits to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Ensure open dialogue with all internal departments.
- Ensure strong working relationship and open dialogue with 3rd party transportation providers.
- Assist in management of 3rd party Custom Brokerage service providers.
- Provides customs compliance training for internal departments.
- Assists with export traffic and compliance as needed.
- Coaches and trains direct reports as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Customs Broker License required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- Hands on knowledge of import entry procedures, documentation and release processes.
- Strong knowledge of HTS, valuation, country of origin and trade program participation requirements.
- Knowledge of customs audit procedures.
- 8+ years’ customs brokerage or internal customs entry and compliance experience.
- Experience with ABI, HTS, ISA, ACE, NAFTA, GSP, CF7501, CF28, CF29.
- Freight Forwarding or transportation experience required.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-talk and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to train, coach and motivate people. Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain high quality of work under heavy workload.
- Strong Word, Excel and Access Skills.
- Bilingual preferred.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
For more information about Dal-Tile, visit our website at www.daltile.com
Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families
- Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top