Want to work for an industry leader? At Mohawk, we’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
The Corporate Paralegal position assists the General Counsel by providing support within the Legal Department.
- Maintain electronic database of the Company's domestic and international subsidiaries, and maintain hard copy and digital minute books.
- Assist in preparation and coordination of consent actions, documents required to form domestic and international companies.
- Obtain certified documents and shepherd the process necessary to complete corporate transactions in a team environment.
- Provide support for board of directors meetings, including preparation of meeting materials and board books.
- Provide M&A and Finance transaction support including organization and preparation of due diligence and closing documents.
- Support commercial real estate acquisitions, dispositions and leasing transactions, including preparation, review and analysis of documents, assist in organizing and maintaining all commercial real estate files.
- Assist in preparation of Annual Report and Proxy, including preparation and distribution of D&O questionnaires and Board and Committee self-assessment process.
- Vendor management for e-signature, corporate data base, annual meeting and other service providers.
- Design and maintain document management system for corporate and commercial agreements.
- Special projects and other duties as requested.
Experience which is helpful, but not necessary:
- Draft intercompany loans and commercial agreements.
- Assist with stock compensation administration matters (including Form 4 filings, trading windows).
- Assist attorneys with the word processing, proofreading, preparation and filing of securities filings such as Form 10-Qs, 10-Ks, and 8-Ks, and Proxy Statements; maintain backup files.
- Assist attorneys with the preparation and execution of commercial real estate transactions including purchase and sale agreements, leases, authority certificates and closing statements; maintain backup files.
- BA or equivalent from an accredited college or university and/or Paralegal certificate.
- Notary public a plus.
- Law firm and company in-house paralegal experience a plus.
- 5+ years of experience with corporate or real estate practice preferred.
- Experience with corporate governance processes and preparation of SEC filings as well as commercial real estate transactions a plus.
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills, including ability to work effectively with various departments and levels.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Keen attention to detail, excellent judgment and unquestioned discretion handling confidential information.
- Strong process and knowledge management skills.
- Experience with document management systems.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top