COMMERCIAL PRODUCT MANAGER - HARD SURFACE
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Responsible for supporting the segment direction for Commercial, Hospitality and International Commercial hard surface product line. Maintain a balanced portfolio with primary focus on wood and laminate through deletion of current products and addition of new products as necessary in order to drive and support continuous growth within the Commercial, Hospitality and International Hard Surface business. Responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, including: gathering & prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, operations, sales, marketing, and support to ensure revenue growth and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals as well as gaining knowledge and experience on all other Commercial hard surface products.
- Conduct market research and compile information for trend analysis in hard surface product categories.
- Gather intelligence on competitive product, pricing and promotion and compile analysis in each hard surface category; be an expert with respect to the competition.
- Establish key contacts with field sales and dealer network to enhance market research/market intelligence collection.
- Responsible for product forecasting to determine appropriate inventory levels.
- Make strategic recommendations regarding product assortment that will address tactical issues.
- Establish product strategies to ensure product placement through all channels of distribution; set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- SKU management: generate recommendations for new product additions and product deletions.
- Create new product positioning and establish recommended price points.
- Identify promotional opportunities needed to balance product sales to manufacturing capacities.
- Establish a working relationship with all levels of corporate and regional sales management.
- Establish a working relationship with all internal customers (i.e. Product Development, Sales, Marketing, National Accounts, Sustainability)
- Establish a working relationship with external third parties to assess sourcing and licensing opportunities.
- Attend and participate at National and Regional Conventions/Shows.
- Deliver monthly revenue forecast.
- Assist in developing sales tools and collateral.
- Perform product demonstrations to customers.
- Brief and train the sales leadership and sales force at quarterly sales meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in Marketing, Business, or related field with 4 years successful sales and product marketing experience in the flooring industry; hardwood and/or laminate experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of the flooring industry and competitive challenges.
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in the following areas: Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous project management experience in a cross-functional environment is required. Involving successfully organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation while fostering team collaboration and task commitment. Competencies: Describe the specific skills required for this position in terms of technical, managerial, interpersonal skills and unique abilities.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage/implement projects and contributes to concept development, and ability to identify, analyze and resolve business issues through solution-oriented projects.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret/ adapt system procedures or operating concepts to fit new situations.
- Ability to conceptualize, organize and execute new initiatives.
- Strong organizational skills – attention to detail and Self-Motivator – willing to take the initiative.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while traveling in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames.
- Creative thinker – innovative and visionary.
- Ability to work well in an autonomous, unstructured environment.
- Ability to travel independently and manage travel schedule.
No direct reports. May lead department projects providing work guidance to junior team members in areas such as checking work, answering questions, and providing performance information to management. May include indirect reporting relationships while working on major projects Disclaimer: The information on this description was prepared by Compensation and department management and is designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Normal office environment. Approx. 25% travel
Back to top