CHEMIST CORP LAB
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Investigates, develops and performs physical and analytical analysis for regulatory requirements, product development support, root cause investigation for carpet claims and manufacturing technical assistance. Will make final judgements when physical or analytical testing procedures are employed. Evaluates new lab products and procedures, trains Senior Lab Techs. Represent Mohawk with external labs and technical associations.
- Liaison for external laboratories to resolve interlaboratory testing issues and give technical assistance to Mohawk personnel.
- Responsible for direct lab testing, data collection and reporting and maintaining knowledge of emerging technologies, federal regulations, practices and products in the marketplace which may affect the organization’s core business or result in new opportunities
- Define, develop, organize, supervises and coordinates the development of non-routine test procedures. Supports projects of the Corporate Laboratory Department. Manages storeroom supply needs for Analytical Lab equipment. Coordinates activities with work occurring in other departments, including marketing, engineering, research, product development and production. Provides leadership and technical expertise to staff to ensure high quality laboratory results that generate timely data and provide excellent services to internal customer base.
Ability to approach unusual situations with ease while identifying a range of solutions. Understands long-term trends and implications of alternative approaches. Able to select appropriate analytical/physical technique to resolve business questions.
Demonstrated oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization and other internal and external business contacts.
Ability to perform normal physical effort working intermittently with light and/or medium weight materials.
Proficient using a PC to include Microsoft Office and other department specific hardware and software.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community
- Examines information to determine its parts or elements and the relationships of these elements. Reasons and/or acts to achieve the desired result based on the interpretation of the information.
- Must be able to comprehend and apply principles of statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, and regression analysis.
- Develops a connection with internal and external clients that cultivates trust and mutual respect
- Fosters an environment conducive to collaboration. Develops effective teams when needed. Creates strong morale and spirit in the team. Shares wins and successes. Encourages open dialogue. Allows people to finish and be responsible for their work. Defines success in terms of the whole team. Creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Produces an effect without apparent force or direct authority. Persuades using reasoning or personal forcefulness.
Advanced Concepts / Patents: Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies, practices, and products in the marketplace, which may affect the organization’s core businesses or result in improved laboratory practices.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.)in Chemistry, Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Textile Engineering or related discipline from a four-year college or university. Prior work experience in an organization of comparable size, business diversity, scope and complexity a plus.
- Two years experience with an organization invovolved in the fiber extrusion or carpet manufacturing preferred.
- Two experience in Analytical Laboratory or Quality Control position preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of Laboratory Safety and Hygiene practices and protocols.
Work environment usually includes hazardous conditions caused by noise, moving parts, airborne particles and other conditions associated with high-traffic production floor. Must be able to walk or stand for extended periods of time and may require stooping, kneeling, or occasional lifting. Work requires close visual attention with ability to identify and distinguish color and depth.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top