Ceramic Engineer I
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Ceramic Engineer executes the research and development of technical projects in the Dallas based R&D center.
- Develop and execute research projects in the Dallas based R&D center.
- Work closely with senior engineers on complex projects.
- Lead less complex projects and direct team members as required.
- Perform the hands on work required to complete each phase of the project.
- Set-up and run a wide variety of laboratory equipment after some initial training. These range from crude clay processing equipment through highly sophisticated scientific instrumentation
- Prepare and present project updates and final reports.
- Help establish and/or maintain systems to increase R&D effectiveness
- Travel to plants as necessary to perform testing, implement projects and provide technical assistance
- Current research projects are focused in several different areas including but are not limited to:
- Raw material evaluation and selection
- Body formulation and evaluation
- Firing profile characterization and optimization
- Glaze evaluation and replacement criteria
- Evaluation of alternative glaze application techniques
- Color theory application to shade evaluation and control
- Reducing test variation in all areas of our operation
Education & Knowledge:
- Requires a BS in Ceramic Engineering, Materials Science or related degree with emphasis in ceramics.
- 0-2 years of engineering experience.
- Experienced applicants should have a working knowledge of glazes, pastes, color development, and spectrophotometers.
- Strong communication skills, organization, data analysis and interpretation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to train, coach and to coordinate priorities.
- Ability to compare and analyze glaze appearance versus master and adjust characteristic as needed.
- Capability to execute several projects at once.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top