CASUAL OTR TRUCK DRIVER
Semi-retired, public servant or just looking for part time work? Mohawk is currently seeking drivers that want to drive over the road occasionally to fill in for vacations and sick days.
This is a perfect opportunity for self-employed individuals, public service professionals, or semi-retired drivers who want to earn extra cash while also keeping their certifications up to date. Part time OTR drivers work when needed to fill in for permanent drivers while on vacation or sick days. While there is no guarantee of weekly mileage there is also no force dispatch from management. However, the candidate will need to be available when proper notice is given and should not refuse work on a regular basis. Expected mileage will vary but should be approximately 1 to 3 trips or 1,200-3,600 miles per month. Mohawk Industries provides a premium level of service with its privately owned trucking fleet and more than 250 local distribution locations. All of the equipment is professionally maintained.
- Complete pre-operational and post-operational inspections on all job related equipment to include tractors, trailers and off-loading devices.
- Complete required DOT and company related paperwork.
- Operate equipment in accordance with DOT and company rules. Adhere to all local, state and federal laws.
- Communicate with corporate transportation personnel at regular intervals throughout route.
- Adhere to all safety requirements outlined in JSA.
- Any other duty or assignment requested by management.
- Must have a valid Class A-CDL.
- Must be at least 23 years of age.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months verifiable commercial driving experience (with a semi-tractor & trailer) or equivalent certifications.
- Must be able to pass a DOT pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a skills test (driving test).
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Must be able to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Must be able to safely operate equipment in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time. In addition, must be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, and reach.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs, unassisted, several times throughout the workday.
- Must be able to maneuver heavy product (100-700 lbs.) repeatedly throughout the day.
- Must be knowledgeable of DOT regulations.
- Must be lift truck certified through Mohawk Industries.
- Must be willing and able to work any hours or shifts deemed necessary by management.
- Must have ability to operate Intermec equipment.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures on a frequent basis.
- Should have good interpersonal skills.
- Should be familiar with the region in general and the route specifically.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries has been a trusted name in carpets for more than 130 years and is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of broadloom carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Columbia, Century, Dal-Tile, American Olean and Quick-Step. Mohawk's unique merchandising and marketing assist our customers in creating the consumers' dream.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top