BUSINESS SYSTEMS PROCESS MANAGER
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Manage processes which drive “The Mohawk Way” (Continuous Improvement, balanced scorecard etc.) Develops, refines and manages documented summary for Kaizen, Six Sigma and Lean processes at the site. Oversees the running of the daily management system which gathers and reports out “key” day to day business metrics anticipating and responding to changes taking steps to impact outcomes with a positive effect.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems, requiring independent judgment creativity and ingenuity to solve.
- Assess business needs and determines appropriate course of action in areas of manufacturing processes affecting compliance quality, delivery and financial outcomes.
- Working in conjunction with site leadership defines, develops action plans, implements process and measures outcomes for opportunities to improve from moderate to high complexity.
- Manages daily, weekly and monthly compliance, quality, and financial reporting systems.
- Manages manufacturing processes for Continuous Improvement.
- Manages cross-functional projects involving senior management in other areas of operation such as yarn manufacturing, extrusion and backing.
- Provides site leadership in absence of site manager.
- Performs work with little or no management direction.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions.
- Works with site manager to develop business case for capital expenditure including cost benefit analysis.
- Oversees plant operating budget and devlops capital budget in conjunction with Site Manager.
Reports to VP Manufacturing
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6-8 years of process improvement experience that includes a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience, which included project leadership in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines.
- Advanced knowledge of Six Sigma or LEAN experience required.
- Prefer Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
- Some travel required.
Back to top