Business Intelligence Architect - SAP
Are you Dal-Tile Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Business Intelligence Architect - SAP Professionals to support our continued growth! At Dal-tile there are always opportunities for high performing Business Intelligence Architect - SAP Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is currently reviewing top candidates for the role of BI/EDW Architect. The BI/EDW Architect will be responsible for delivery of global BI solutions within an IS COE team. The candidate will work as a part of a global technology team to create enterprise wide BI solutions. The candidate will be responsible for establishing and maintaining an adaptable and flexible BI architecture to provide consistent and high quality Data architecture. The candidate is also expected to work hands-one with data warehousing/BI technologies like SAP Business Objects suite, HANA, SAS, Power BI, Tableau, SSAS, and provide technical leadership on large, complex BI projects and support in developing enhancements and continuous improvement activities. This position will provide a variety of professional development opportunities in a leading edge technology environment and team that is using some of the best products on the market to create industry leading digital experiences.
- Works with IS COE colleagues and project sponsors/customers to determine the long-term application architecture and strategy.
- Provides leadership and development skills to efficiently develop code that can be leverages across multiple sites. It is important to build synergies around development objects for reuse rather than have to rebuild every time.
- Participates in technical design sessions providing input on best practices
- Analyzes and provides technical advice and direction with regarding the interface/integrate of supported systems with the rest of the application portfolio; analyzes how the supported applications can best serve business functions; recognizes the impact to the business of proposed applications changes and advises IS colleagues accordingly.
- Documents and maintains best practices, project standards, procedures, application, quality objectives and “lessons learned”; ensures that applications systems are developed in a way that complies with architectural/development standards and established methodologies and practices.
- Participates on project teams serving as an IT technical expert on strategic long-range and highly complex projects that span the organization, crossing business unit boundaries
- Performs other duties as required
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline with an information technology focus.
Candidates will need to have led multiple end-to-end BI implementations, with a focus on SAP BI tools and technologies
- 7+ years BI development and architecture design
- At least 7 years of experience working with multiple BI systems like SAP BOBJ, SAS, Microsoft SSAS, SSRS, Power BI, Tableau, Microstrategy, OBIEE
- At least 5 years’ experience developing Enterprise BI Solution on multiple EDW platforms (Teradata, SQLServer, Oracle, HANA, BW)
- Experience in data modeling (Star schema and 3rd Normal form) and hands-on experience in ERWin and other modeling tools
- Experience with integration of SAP BOBJ and SAP BI
- Experience implementing SAP BOBJ, Power BI, and Tableau on HANA
- Experience with HANA View creation
- Understand multiple data structures including structure, unstructured, semi-structure, JSON, XML, EDI, etc.
- Experience with EDW development life cycle from business requirement gathering to end solution
- Experience with Self-service BI and Agile BI development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as customer service skills
- Exposure to Predictive Analytics, Data Science, and Big Data technology will be a big plus.
- Availability for occasional travel based on client and project needs
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others, and gains understanding
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group, to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to manage/implement projects and contributes to concept development, and ability to identify, analyze and resolve business issues through solution-oriented projects
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
Temporary indirect reporting relationships may exist while working as Project lead. May be require to act in senior role, providing task related advise and direction to junior team members
Normal Office Environment
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Back to top