Business Financial Analyst - Flooring
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Business Financial Analyst professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Business Financial Analyst Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
- Supports business unit goals and objectives by assisting with the development of strategic and operational business plans, and the administration of sound financial and sales planning policies, procedures and processes
- Assists in the preparation of a consolidated budget, business plans and forecasts
- Serves as data provider for key business units by acquiring data from varied data sources and maintaining databases
- Consults with the sales teams to plan for and successfully accomplish established goals and objectives
- Serves as a liaison, providing financial and statistical reports, data management and system support to a large, decentralized sales and marketing team.
- Supports business plan and develops strategic long- and short- term business goals and objectives. Provide analysis on a variety of financial issues and business opportunities.
- Developing and presenting alternatives solutions, summarizing results and making recommendations to assist in managerial decision-making.
- The analyses are likely to include:
- Analysis of industry, market, and competitive data
- Determination of profitability by segment, customer, and product type.
- Development of appropriate measures and benchmarks to monitor performance
- Identification of critical factors affecting profitability and recommendations for proactive planning, for external market and economic changes that has the potential to impact the business
- Consults with sales and finance management to plan for and successfully accomplish the following objectives:
- Identify, develop and evaluate new business/program opportunities
- Coordinate the division’s annual budget process and related forecasting;
- Plan and control overhead expenses, use appropriate auditing and systems reporting processes to monitor and control spending
- Support an effective system for analyzing performance against planned goals and objectives
- Provide financial and statistical reporting, data management and system support to a large decentralized sales force
- Stay abreast of the industry and economic change and trends and determine potential impact on the business revenue and sales potential, as well as customer requirements; work with diverse management groups, peers, and project teams to proactively identify and resolve operational and tactical issues and to employ and manage supporting business and culture change that accompanies growth
- Performs other duties as required in support of the company/division goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline.
- 2+ years of work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement, experience must include…
- Advanced Excel skills, particularly in pivot tables and data analysis
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting and database packages (Business Objects, SQL, Access)
- Strong technical skills in finance, accounting and business performance analysis
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of sales planning and analysis
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience; leading, organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation
- Superior oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers, and senior management
- Ability to “think outside the box” generate alternative solutions for consideration, provide comprehensive risk/benefit analysis on alternatives, and ability to present this information in a way that establishes rapport, gains understanding and persuades others.
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct
Associates Supervised: May provide leadership and work direction to project teams and junior team members.
Normal office environment
Local and domestic travel
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Back to top