BUSINESS FINANCIAL ANALYST
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
- Support business unit goals and objectives by assisting with the development of strategic and operational business plans, and the administration of sound financial and sales planning policies, procedures and processes
- Assists in the preparation of a consolidated budget, business plans and EVA (Economic Value Added ) financial evaluations.
- Consults with the sales, logistics, & operations management teams to plan for and successfully accomplish established goals and objectives
- Serves as a liaison, providing financial and statistical reports, data management and system support to a large, decentralized and extremely diverse workforce
- Supports business plan and develop strategic long- and short- term business goals and objectives. Provide analysis on a variety of financial issues and business opportunities. This includes determining the appropriate analytical methodologies,
- Developing and presenting alternatives solutions, summarizing results and making recommendations to assist in managerial decision-making.
- The analyses are likely to include:
- Analysis of industry, market, and competitive data
- Determination of profitability by segment, customer, lanes, & assets; development of appropriate measures and benchmarks to monitor performance
- Identification of potential value-recognizing financial management techniques and systems, that provides in-depth knowledge of operational performance
Analysis of ROIC including fixed assets, technology, overhead
- Identification of critical factors affecting profitability and recommendations for proactive planning, for external market and economic changes that has the potential to impact the business
- Consults with the management teams to plan for and successfully accomplish the following objectives:
- Identify, develop and evaluate new business/program opportunities
- Coordinate the division’s annual budget process and related forecasting; plan and control overhead expenses, using appropriate auditing and systems reporting processes to monitor and address mis-management of allocated resources.
- Establish and maintain an effective system for analyzing performance against planned goals and objectives
- Provide financial and statistical reporting, data management and system support to a large, decentralized and extremely diverse sales force & warehouse network.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the data manager system, recommending system enhancement, data collection and reporting functionality that support the needs of the business units and decentralized sales force & warehouse network. Oversee from a technical standpoint, quality assurance of analytical work performed within the business units ensuring accuracy, consistency of methodologies and documentation of procedures in accordance with corporate internal control, GAAP and other regulatory guidelines and agencies.
- Stay abreast of the industry and economic change and trends and determines potential impact on the business revenue and sales potential, as well as customer requirements; work with diverse management groups, peers, and project teams to proactively identify and resolve operational and tactical issues and to employ and manage supporting business and culture change that accompanies growth
Performs other duties as required in support of the company/division goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline.
- 2+ years of job specific work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement, experience must include…
- Advance analytical depth and strong technical skill in finance, accounting and business performance analysis and modeling
- Demonstrated experience developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- Extensive use of personal computers and spreadsheets packages, financial and accounting application software
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of sales planning and analysis, involving the management of complex data requirements
- A thorough understanding of operating and capital budgeting processes
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience; leading, organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation, across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines.
- Superior oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers, and senior management, and ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situations using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Strategic consulting skills which move beyond adherence to analytical tools and methodologies; the ability to “think outside the box” generate alternative solutions for consideration, provide comprehensive risk/benefit analysis on those alternatives, and ability to present this information in a way that establishes rapport, gains understanding and persuades others.
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct
- EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top