BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - HOUSTON, TX
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Sales Professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Sales Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
The Business Development Manager position represents the strategic business leader, within an assigned geography, for all sales related to residential new construction and multi-family replacement. This position primarily acts as a single point of contact to end-users with intent to build Mohawk as the exclusive brand for all categories of floor covering. Specifically, the successful Business Development Manager reduces complexity for end-users by aligning Mohawk's strengths with the customers’ needs to create success for all members of the supply chain, including but not limited to: builders, management companies, and their servicing subcontractors. Secondarily, yet strategically significant, the Business Development Manager grows Mohawk's brand reputation and specification with architects, designers, and general contractors.
The primary brands related to specification are:
Portico by Mohawk: Specifically devoted to support the new construction.
Properties by Mohawk: Specifically devoted to Multi-Family replacement.
Mohawk Family of Brands: (Hard and Soft) Where necessary based on the strategic goals.
Mohawk Commercial: Where necessary and in conjunction with the Mohawk Commercial sales team
Daltile: As the lead brand for large national contracts and in conjunction with the Daltile sales team.
• Develop and maintain an active marketing and sales plan with Mohawk and DalTile sales teams to drive ongoing, contractual business with end-users through all channels (carpet, ceramic, wood, vinyl, laminate). This includes understanding and communicating to the sales and management team the relationship between end-users and their existing dealers.
• Call on current and prospective end-users to specify Mohawk as the supplier of all residential flooring categories (carpet, ceramic, wood, vinyl, laminate), while maintaining consistent and ongoing communication with the relevant subcontractors.
Customer types include:
a) Single Family Home Builders
b) Multi-Family Home Builders and Developers
c) Property Management Firms
d) Flooring Subcontractors
e) Architect and Design Firms
f) General contractor
• Understand end-user's internal structure and identify all important personnel in the sale process including but not limited to:
a) Procurement / Purchasing Managers
b) Construction Managers
c) Project Management / Maintenance Managers
d) Design Managers and or Design Company
• Cultivate relationships with customers during generally long selling cycles (12 - 24 months) and maintain the relationship after the sale.
a) Actively participate in appropriate Builder Industry Associations.
b) Socialize with key decision makers
c) Servicing subcontractors and flooring dealers
d) Other similar relationship development interaction.
• Manage compliance with all division policies and procedures such the Model Home Order entry process and end-user registration (E-File management).
• Understand the competitive environment. Produce and distribute usage, sales data and floor covering information related to end-users to Mohawk sales and management personnel.
• Manage sample orders and coordinate sample placement including Model / Design Center set-ups.
• Perform rebate reconciliation, product mix management, and presentations to the end-users. Such reports include upgrade percentages, sales mix analysis, value engineering, etc. Revise product selection as needed and, when necessary, forecasting to management changes that may impact service.
• Conduct product knowledge and sales training meetings where relevant with end-users.
• Product-Mix Management - Analyze end-user usage reports and revise product selection as needed. Where necessary this shall include forecasting to management any changes that may impact service.
• Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of related work experience or four years of job specific work experience combined with equivalent training/education to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
• Working knowledge of builder operations and/or residential sales
• A minimum of one-year project coordination/facilitation skills in a multi-functional environment is required
• Intermediate skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, and the Internet.
Competencies: Describe the specific skills required for this position in terms of technical, managerial, interpersonal skills and unique abilities.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work under little or no supervision.
• Proven verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and negotiation skills
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and demonstrate solid time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to produce a large volume of high quality material with meticulous attention to detail
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top