Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Builder Specialist increases product sales within assigned territory. Develops new business through builders and interior designers in line with Corporate objectives. Works closely with internal sales management, Sales Representatives, as well as, builders and interior designers to enhance residential sales.
- Services existing builders, customer and builder Design Centers, and residential interior designers by making sales calls, developing business relationships, keeping them apprised of products, and merchandizing programs.
- Prospects, secures, and registers new regional builders/custom builders as well as develop business relationships with, new design center managers, and new interior designers. Reviews products and merchandizing programs with new builders, design centers, and interior designers.
- Communicates with Residential Representatives, SSC Managers and residential flooring contractors by providing current information regarding registered builders products, merchandizing programs, and builder agreement parameters.
- Works with builders to specify Daltile products on their residential projects.
- Works closely with Residential Reps, SSC Managers, interior designers, and other builder’s staff to set up both model homes and design centers.
- Leads regular residential tracking meetings with SSC Managers and Residential Representatives.
- Holds product knowledge seminars for builders and designers.
- Establishes a regional builder and interior designer database. The database would also include the contractors who perform tile work, the amount of tile being used, and all other relevant builder information. Reviews, monitors, and tracks product usage by builders and provide follow-up data to National GM.
- Has a total working knowledge of all of our marketing support materials and how they can best be utilized. Establishes working relationship with all builder customers, regional or divisional purchasing agents for those builders, to ensure that you have a complete working knowledge of their business practices and/or protocol.
- Develops an in-depth knowledge and expertise with regard to all new residential construction in the region, as well as being knowledgeable of builders and interior designers within the assigned market.
- Becomes an active member of the local Home Builders Association and attends all meetings.
- Communicates merchandizing trends and competitive products to the Marketing Department. Participates in regional or national trade shows, conducts product training seminars with builders and design center staff.
- Communicates product-forecasting needs with Corporate Planning.
- Performs other assigned duties as required
Education and Knowledge:
- Requires Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education, training and / or experience.
- Working knowledge of builder operations and/or residential sales.
- One more years of related experience.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under little or no supervision.
- Must possess proven interpersonal skills including influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and demonstrate solid time management and organizational skills.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top