BOILER OPERATOR - MELBOURNE, AR
Being an industry leader would not be possible without a winning team. Unilin Flooring is constantly looking for creative, innovative, and enthusiastic winners like yourself to join our team in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Logistics/Supply Chain. We offer a variety of challenging and exciting career opportunities at our different operations facilities locations and headquarters office in Dallas, TX. Unilin Flooring is dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining winning team members in every aspect of our business. Start your career search today and find the perfect fit!P
Able to satisfactorily perform and carry through to completion daily operation of boiler, generator and all support equipment related to any part of the powerhouse.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80lbs and climb and work at heights up to 100 FT.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations, including lockout/tag-out, confined space entry and hazardous material handling.
- Must be able to operate boiler, generator, feed water pumps, silo’s, softeners, deaerator, and all other support equipment.
- Maintain compliance with Arkansas Title V Air permit and notify Powerhouse Coordinator of any upsets.
- Must be able to perform all chemical tests necessary to maintain proper parameters as set forth by chemical vendor program.
- Must be able to maintain a accurate boiler log
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, extended hours, and other duties deemed by the Plant Engineer
- May occasionally come in contact with acetone while performing daily tasks.
- When coming in contact with acetone the following applies:
--Must be sure that all spills are cleaned up
--All containers must be kept closed except for removing or replacing acetone
--All containers are to be properly labeled and stored.
--After using acetone it must be recycled and waste must be properly stored
--Acetone is considered a hazardous material and anything that comes in contact with acetone must be treated the same and stored as hazardous material
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred
- Must have Arkansas Boiler Operators License and a minimum of 6 months experience with the daily operations of a boiler.
- Ability to read and interpret prints, gauges, charts, recorders, meters and measuring devices.
- Must be able to troubleshoot equipment problems, logically and systematically analyze machine problems and correct them.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
--Stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl , use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
--The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
--Work near moving mechanical parts.
--Is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration
--Work in a normally loud / noisy work environment
Back to top