Body Prep Manager
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
The Body Prep Manager plans, organizes, and manages body prep and press operations for the site location.
- Plans and oversees work to meet production and quality requirements while making effective use of labor, material, and equipment.
- Directs associates to maintain operating efficiency.
- Evaluates selection of new associates in hiring process.
- Conducts training on new procedures and oversees new hire training.
- Ensures operations are within specifications.
- Establishes, maintains, and analyzes budgets, records, and other controls to keep costs at a minimum consistent with efficient operations.
- Ensures safe and healthful working conditions and an organized work environment.
- Coaches and reviews performance of direct reports.
- Performs skilled repair or maintenance operations, using equipment such as hand or power tools, hydraulic presses or shears, or welding equipment.
- Partners with maintenance and engineering for departmental operations.
- Investigates accidents or injuries and prepares reports of findings.
- Performs others duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED Required.
- Technical/College Education preferred
- Ceramic tile manufacturing and quality standards
- Safety standards and procedures
- Mechanical/Electrical concepts and theories
- Minimum of 5 yrs. experience ceramic tile operations (Education counts towards experience).
- Minimum of 2 yrs. supervisory experience.
- Leadership skills
- Time and organizational management
- Communications skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Computer Literacy
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Safety Advocacy
- Analytical Thinking
- Quality Orientation
Back to top