AUTOMATION / CONTROLS ENGINEER
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
- Ensures compliance with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Ensures equipment optimization within the high speed production process. Analyzes daily progress of overall equipment effectiveness and takes corrective action to minimize equipment downtime and maximize equipment performance. Summarizes performance on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, including failures, causes, and corrections. Follows up on corrective actions through completion.
- Reviews technical issues and confers with maintenance staff to resolve technical production problems by performing the correct preventive maintenance actions. Operates computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Provides accurate and immediate hands-on troubleshooting and repair for manufacturing equipment. Troubleshoots and repairs high speed, automated, manufacturing equipment utilizing LOTO and hands-on diagnostic abilities. The troubleshooting includes climbing onto, into and around equipment to quickly locate problem areas and determine root causes of problems.
- Confers with peers and other personnel to implement standard operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- May supervise other staff members including Engineering Technician(s). Coaches and reviews/provides input regarding performance of direct reports and indirect reports (machine operators, technicians).
- Assists in writing and teaching process procedures to ensure corrective and preventative actions are taking place. Demonstrates ability to train others effectively. Develops specifications, checklists, and standard work processes.
- Researches and analyzes customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Leads the final stages of new product development by testing, troubleshooting, researching, and implementing potential improvements.
- Assists with the construction and installation of ultramodern, process-controlled, high-tech installations of manufacturing equipment. Prepares specifications for purchase of materials and equipment. Identifies critical spare parts list.
- Provides clear and succinct feedback to equipment suppliers on operational problems and needs. Follows solutions through to implementation by active follow up. Sees projects through from concept to documentation phases.
- Conducts research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Reviews and evaluates work of others, inside and outside the organization, to ensure effectiveness, technical adequacy and compatibility in the resolution of complex engineering problems.
- For assigned product lines, maintains a fully documented and accurate electrical design and control program that complies with established company and industry standards.
- Interacts professionally and effectively with many different types of people at different levels, both internal and external to the organization. Ensures that information is clearly communicated and understood by all.
- Degree in electrical engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or other relevant field required.
- Equipment controls and PLC programming (knowledge of controls languages should include Siemens S7 and Allen Bradley)
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control concepts.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved.
- 5-10 years experience in an automated manufacturing environment.
- Lean and Six Sigma tools experience desirable.
Technology and automation minded, with a basic understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, motors, basic electricity, gearboxes, and tools.
Excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.Strong math skills, including the knowledge of arithmetic, basic algebra, geometry, and statistics, and their applications.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
Ability to work quickly and accurately under stress when equipment is down
Possess an exceptional attention to detail.
Good written and oral communication skills.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Capable of hands-on electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair for manufacturing equipment. Requirements include LOTO, hands-on diagnostic ability (setpoint determination/adjustment), appropriate use of hand tools.
Back to top