ASSOCIATE ENGINEER (STARTING JUNE 2019)
Are you Mohawk Material? We are looking for top engineering talent to support our continued growth. At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing engineering professionals to excel. Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Comprehensive engineering training program with a Fortune 500 company. Program duration of seven months. Hands-on, applied training that prepares associates for short and long-term career success. We’re developing leadership talent to take Mohawk to the next levels of success!
Participants will learn and participate in all aspects of Mohawk’s Manufacturing operations, receiving special training in processes, methods and controls to meet quality and cost efficiency standards. Tasks assigned are from simple to moderate complexity, always under the supervision and support of a Senior Engineer/Coach.
- Works directly with the Technical Services and Manufacturing Management Staff to devise and implement new or modified techniques, procedures, and mechanical solutions in production processes to maximize efficiency of the operations, meet Quality Standards, and Control Costs.
- Troubleshoots problems with production staff to suggest / implement corrections.
- Designs and conducts tests under operational conditions and analyzes results to develop improvements in equipment and workforce performance.
- Identifies, defines, implements, measures and documents process improvements for assigned projects.
- Develops, maintains, and monitors Standard Operation Procedures.
- Performs other engineering duties as needed.
- Completes scheduled training and cross-training in Mohawk’s manufacturing processes.
- Consistently delivers on assigned goals, projects, and duties.
- Supports achievement of the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of assigned areas.
- Participates in and/or leads team projects as assigned.
- Assists in cross-functional projects and meetings as required.
- Readily offers assistance to others.
INTEGRITY AND TRUST:
- Follows the Mohawk Industries Standards of Conduct and Ethics.
- Demonstrates the Mohawk Flooring Values.
- Follows all policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Develops and organizes information for meetings, presentations, work assignments, etc.
- Effectively delivers oral and written information to others.
- Actively develops and refines leadership skills through training and application.
- Assists in leading work teams.
- Enters, analyzes, and synthesizes data to deliver reports and graphics for assigned engineering projects.
- Utilizes monitoring systems within each process.
- Creates e-mails and other communications for assigned area.
This is an exciting opportunity with a large and growing organization. We’re looking for top-level talent to take us to the next levels of success.
Are you passionate about making a difference and having a positive impact on the business?
- At Mohawk, we have a culture of continuous improvement.
- Our first line supervisors and plant managers have a thorough understanding of the business and what it takes to be successful.
More than a job… this is a jump-start for a successful, long-term career!
What's In It For You?
- Competitive salary based on your experience and skills
- 401K plans with 50% company match up to 6% of employee contribution
Here are just a few other Advantages working at Mohawk:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Tax-free flexible medical spending or health savings account available
- Life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Opportunities to join our community service initiatives with our partners such as Susan G, Komen, United Way, and the Boys and Girls Club to name a few
- B.S. Degree in Engineering
- Must be able to start in June 2019.
- Must be able to train in Calhoun, Dalton, and Sugar Valley, GA area for for the first 6 weeks. There will also be travel to facilities in NC, VA, and AL.
- 0-3 years work experience
- Interest in Engineering or Operations Management as a long-term career path
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated team leadership
- Strong communication skills and ability to clearly direct operations-level employees
- Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Willing to work on varied shifts and in various departments
- Willing to accept rotation assignments to multiple facilities
- Willing to relocate as needed
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Back to top