Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Participants will learn and participate in all aspects of Mohawk’s Manufacturing operations, receiving special training in processes, methods and controls to meet quality and cost efficiency standards. Tasks assigned are from simple to moderate complexity, always under the supervision and support of a Senior Engineer / Coach.
- Works directly with the Technical Services and Manufacturing Management Staff to devise and implement new or modified techniques, procedures, and mechanical solutions in production processes to maximize efficiency of the operations, meet Quality Standards, and Control Costs.
- Troubleshoots problems with production staff to suggest / implement corrections.
- Designs and conducts tests under operational conditions and analyzes results to develop improvements in equipment and workforce performance.
- Identifies, defines, implements, measures and documents process improvements for assigned projects.
- Develops, maintains, and monitors Standard Operation Procedures.
- Performs other engineering duties as needed.
- Completes scheduled training and cross-training in Mohawk’s manufacturing processes.
- Consistently delivers on assigned goals, projects, and duties.
- Supports achievement of the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of assigned areas.
- Participates in and/or leads team projects as assigned.
- Assists in cross-functional projects and meetings as required.
- Readily offers assistance to others.
INTEGRITY AND TRUST:
- Follows the Mohawk Industries Standards of Conduct and Ethics.
- Demonstrates the Mohawk Flooring Values.
- Follows all policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Develops and organizes information for meetings, presentations, work assignments, etc.
- Effectively delivers oral and written information to others.
- Actively develops and refines leadership skills through training and application.
- Assists in leading work teams.
- Enters, analyzes, and synthesizes data to deliver reports and graphics for assigned engineering projects.
- Utilizes monitoring systems within each process.
- Creates e-mails and other communications for assigned area.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Polymer, Chemical or Electrical)
- Must be able to start on June 8, 2016
- Must be able to train in Calhoun, Dalton and Summerville, GA area as needed
- 0-3 years work experience
- Interest in Engineering or Operations Management as a long-term career path
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated team leadership
- Strong communication skills and ability to clearly direct operations-level employees
- Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Willing to work on varied shifts and in various departments
- Willing to accept rotation assignments to multiple facilities
- Willing to relocate as needed
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top