Assistant Plant Manager II Yarn Manufacturing
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. (EEO/AA M/F/D/V)
Assist Plant Manager in manufacturing and logistics related activities for assigned manufacturing plant(s). Responsible for the supervision, through plant supervisors, of the manufacturing activities of the plant. This position is immediately subordinate to the Plant Manager and is responsible for continuous and efficient production in desired quantity and quality
- Assists the Plant Manager with effective and efficient operations of assigned manufacturing plant(s), to include engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, materials, planning, production, quality, etc. Assists with plant performance to meet divisional goals and provides for the right skills mix and production processes to meet or exceed internal and external customer requirements and specifications.
- Exercises direct supervision over departmental or general supervisors with respect to production volume, cost and quality of production, meeting production schedules and delivery dates
- Stimulate maximum efficiency and productivity of both supervisors and production workers. Encourage efficient utilization of equipment and facilities. Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines and employees.
- Assures the availability of material to meet manufacturing plans consistent with customer needs, inventory restraints and profit requirements by managing the materials function including imports, purchasing, inventory control and planning. Assists with logistics function from inbound freight, receiving, warehousing, line stock, project inventory, work in progress, stock in progress, work order management through outbound freight, etc for all functional areas
- Confers with Plant Manager in establishment of shift standards and working schedules for all departments connected with production. Maintains compliance to budgetary limitations and directing and coordinating activities to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters; managing all aspects of requirements, design, development, implementation and testing of assigned projects.
- Proactively seeks ways to apply technology to business processes, researching and providing information on technical trends and competitors’ practices; stays abreast of industry trends, technology changes and “best practices”, proactively identifying opportunities to enhance production technology, process flows, operating and tactical plans to improve efficiency, product quality and manage cost
- Performs other duties as required
BS degree in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential function of the job. Five to eight years of progressively responsible job specific experience that includes:
- Experience working in a yarn manufacturing environment overseeing multiple production functions simultaneously
- 8 years in a leadership/management role in an environment of comparable size and diversity.
- A working knowledge of Labor Law and related laws as set forth in National decree that regulates the industry.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of product development life cycle, dynamics of manufacturing environments, operational and tactical plans, processes and techniques.
- Develop efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases and/or systems
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with Senior Management; internal and external customers, vendors and the general public
- Ability to present and explain information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others, and gains understanding
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate market and sell new ideas.
- Ability to achieve results through team efforts, to persuade, lead, counsel and coach a diverse work group.
- Organizational ability to redirect skills to support new technologies while maintaining current commitments and ability to perform in a high-pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Consistently proven ability to manage/implement projects and contribute to concept development.
Back to top