Assistant Plant Manager I
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
Assist Plant Manager in manufacturing and logistics related activities for assigned manufacturing plant(s). Responsible for the supervision, through plant supervisors, of the manufacturing activities of the plant. This position is immediately subordinate to the Plant Manager and is responsible for continuous and efficient production in desired quantity and quality
- Assists the Plant Manager with effective and efficient operations of assigned manufacturing plant(s), to include engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, materials, planning, production, quality, etc. Assists with plant performance to meet divisional goals and provides for the right skills mix and production processes to meet or exceed internal and external customer requirements and specifications.
- Exercises direct supervision over departmental or general supervisors with respect to production volume, cost and quality of production, meeting production schedules and delivery dates
- Stimulate maximum efficiency and productivity of both supervisors and production workers. Encourage efficient utilization of equipment and facilities. Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines and employees
- Assures the availability of material to meet manufacturing plans consistent with customer needs, inventory restraints and profit requirements by managing the materials function including imports, purchasing, inventory control and planning. Assists with logistics function from inbound freight, receiving, warehousing, line stock, project inventory, work in progress, stock in progress, work order management through outbound freight, etc for all functional areas
- Confers with Plant Manager in establishment of shift standards and working schedules for all departments connected with production. Maintains compliance to budgetary limitations and directing and coordinating activities to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters; managing all aspects of requirements, design, development, implementation and testing of assigned projects.
- Proactively seeks ways to apply technology to business processes, researching and providing information on technical trends and competitors’ practices; stays abreast of industry trends, technology changes and “best practices”,proactively identifying opportunities to enhance production technology, process flows, operating and tactical plans to improve efficiency, product quality and manage cost
Manages production functions for padding and cushion plant, which includes reviewing production orders and/or schedules to ensure that production requirements are optimal, and are completed according to established production schedules. Resolves operational, processing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and production downtime.
Ensures the availability of material to meet manufacturing plans and manages all inventory requirements to support the plant and division goals. Actively participates on Division short- and long- term strategic planning meetings and projects.
Continuously improves all production methods while adhering to all safety procedures. Responsible for training and development of hourly employees, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policy .
Schedules personnel and assigns work to meet production requirements in an efficient and cost effective manner. Ensure adherence to established priorities for production workflow. Assists with planning, developing and administering departmental procedures, policies and standards, ensures organization policies and procedures are communicated and practiced. Develops appropriate measures or standards for performance and uses these to monitor, evaluate and continuously improve employees and production. Maintains shift reports and records. Verifies employee hours worked in KRONOS.
- BS degree in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential function of the job. Five to eight years of progressively responsible job specific experience that includes:
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment overseeing multiple production functions simultaneously
- 8 years in a leadership/management role in an environment of comparable size and diversity.
- A working knowledge of Labor Law and related laws as set forth in National decree that regulates the industry.
- Knowledge of Mohawk’s vision, mission organizational and functional operating structure, products, administrative procedures and policies.
- Working knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices and procedures as it relates to employee relations, hiring, terminations, benefit and compensation plans and administrative guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of product development life cycle, dynamics of manufacturing environments, operational and tactical plans, processes and techniques.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top