Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Manages the daily operations of the corporate accounting department and responsible for journal entries, capital expenditure reporting, fixed assets management and reconciliation, general ledger account reconciliation preparation and review, SOX and company compliance, financial reporting management. Where needed provide appropriate back up and tie out of data required for the 10-Q and 10-K reporting. Working closely with the various segments and provide assistance as needed. Plays a key role on Corporate Finance projects such as acquisition and mergers, system implementation, integration, conversion and/or upgrades. Leads, motivates and coaches a diverse team of employees.
- Manages the close process for Corporate, review and analysis of financial data and the preparation of financial reports under US generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), International Accounting Standards (IAS) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) standards, as applicable.
- Assists in preparing footnotes and related accounting information to be included in the Securities and Exchange Commission reports and the Annual Report to Shareholders.
- Plays a key role on Corporate Finance projects such as acquisition and mergers, system implementation, integration, conversion and/or upgrades; develops project plans that identifies required actions, associated tasks, reports, accounting and general ledger activity, account set-up and/or consolidation (ex. Charter of Accounts) that must occur to ensure, efficient and effective systems and process integration/consolidation, records exchange/ transfer and retention, regulatory and company compliance, etc. Keeps senior management informed accordingly.
- Manages the daily operations of the accounting department that includes but is not limited to: responsible for the daily operations of the corporate accounting department and responsible for journal entries, capital expenditure reporting, fixed assets management and reconciliation, general ledger account reconciliation preparation and review, SOX and company compliance, financial reporting management.
- Reviews processes and procedures to streamline activities, enhance the overall workflow of the department, and to facilitate effective and efficient use of corporate resources. Monitors department performance against established standards to ensure successful achievement goals and objects.
- Leads, motivates and coaches a diverse team of employees. Provides consistent and constructive feedback, develops or identifies employee’s training and resource needs, maintains employee personnel records, establishes priorities, schedules daily work and monitors the quality and quantity of work performed by the department and the individuals within the department; recommends promotions, terminations, etc.
- Performs other duties and projects as required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline. CPA required, and
- 6+ years job specific work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement
- International Accounting (preferred but not required)
- Foreign exchange conversions
Demonstrated proficiency with fixed assets and other financial systems such as Recon-net, SAP, JDE, etc. (SAP preferred)
Financial systems analysis and financial modeling
- 3+ in a supervisory/senior capacity, leading diverse and cross functional work groups/teams
- Advance level proficiency with Microsoft Office software package (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply company operating and HR policies, procedures and practices to conduct and resolve employee issues in a proactive manner
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and maintain professionalism when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers, and senior management. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all documents and communications
- Strong analytical skills and depth, and the ability to present and explain complex financial information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others, and gains understanding
- Good human resource management skills; the desire and capability of leading, motivating, developing and directing the activities of a diverse work group, including a persistence and willingness to take calculated risk and to stimulate new ideas within the organization
- Ability to achieve results through team efforts, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability and willingness to accept responsibility, to persuade, market and sell new ideas
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top