Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Accounting Professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Accountanting Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
This position is responsible for month-end closing responsibilities including but not limited to journal entries and account reconciliations. Successful candidate will use independence and judgment to recognize and resolve problems within established policies and procedures and is accountable for the quality, timeliness and accuracy of own work.
- Responsible for month-end closing including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed asset system to include asset uploads, disposals, transfers, running depreciation and fixed asset audits.
- Manages exchange rate process for US divisions.
- Manages processing entries for miscellaneous checks in US divisions.
- Assists with providing support for external & internal audits.
- SOX control owner.
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc requests as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline.
- 1+ years job specific work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement
- SAP, JD Edwards & HFM Experience (preferred but not required)
- International Accounting (preferred but not required)
- Advance level proficiency with Microsoft Office software package (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills to interpret and adapt known methods, system procedures or operating concepts to new situations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks with concentration, speed and accuracy to meet deadlines.
- Ability to make sound decisions and resolve problems in a high-pressure environment and/or crisis.
- Willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions. Ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Frederic B.Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top