Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Accountant I professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Accountant I Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Supports Corporate Accounting financial analysis objectives by assisting with the development of ad hoc reporting and analysis for executive team. This includes using data from all business segments. The analyses are likely to include analysis of trend data, interpretation of data and providing recommendations, and ability to reach across a diverse accounting group to obtain data.
- Maintain fixed asset system and CIP database to include asset uploads, disposals, transfers, and running depreciation.
- Assists in preparation of the consolidation of inter-company transactions. This includes evaluating transactions and interpreting the impact on the consolidation entry and monitoring inter-company balances to ensure all transactions are properly recorded.
- Processes Financial close which includes scheduling nightly automated close processes in JD Edwards and checking month end reports.
- Supports finance organization with projects stretching across the entire company.
- Supports corporate accounting team with account reconciliations and recording of journal entries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline.
- CPA or CMA Certification is preferred
- 0 - 2 years of job specific work experience
- Strong technical skill in finance, accounting and business performance analysis and modeling
- Experience developing effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- Extensive use of personal computers and spreadsheets packages, financial and accounting application software.
- A basic understanding of operating and capital budgeting processes
- Desired experience includes Experience and knowledge of sales planning and analysis, involving the management of complex data requirements
- Desired experience includes project management experience in executing projects through implementation, across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines.
- Good oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting with internal and external customers, and senior management. The ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situations using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Consulting skills which move beyond adherence to analytical tools and methodologies; the ability to “think outside the box” generate alternative solutions for consideration, provide comprehensive risk/benefit analysis on those alternatives, and ability to present this information in a way that establishes rapport, gains understanding and persuades others.
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas within the organization
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Back to top