ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - CORPORATE/RETAIL/CRE - NY
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Sales professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Sales Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
This is an experienced sales position that requires a high degree of creativity and latitude. To be the principal selling agent within the assigned territory for the company to achieve the short and long term objectives established in the Business Plan. Objectives will be achieved prospecting new and existing accounts in the assigned territory.
- Performs Sales Calls: this includes but is not limited to: traveling to customers and potential customer’s facilities, understanding their needs through prescribed solution selling, providing them with information and support; making sales presentations to prospective and present clients; calculating and quoting prices, taking orders and closing transactions; contacting prospects and explaining features and merits of products or services offered, utilizing persuasive sales and negotiation techniques; answering all questions concerning a product or service, with appropriate referrals where required.
- Monitors territory performance against established objectives/guidelines and takes the appropriate action to improve performance
- Provides customer service to ensure resolution of issues within marketing policies; communicates customer requirements and request support from other departments as necessary; provides product specific customer feedback (i.e. product features, quality, functionality, competition, possible sales results, etc. to product line managers, management or customer service personnel as appropriate to assist in achieving company’s mission, vision and objectives
- Assists in establishing sales objectives for the territory in conjunction with the Regional Vice President and/or Team Leader and ensures sales activities in the territory comply with established policies, procedures and practices, using good judgment and decision-making to ensure corporate ethical and professional standards of conduct are maintained in the absence of formalized guidelines.
- Stays abreast and informs management of industry, product, economic, and other territory changes that may impact sales and overall company business; provides timely reporting of activities in the field and special reporting to assist in the business and product planning.
- Assists in developing a territory coverage plan, which defines the type of support and frequency of customer contact required to meet territory goals.
- Performs analysis on region opportunities and develops forecast for sales by customer and product and other s statistical reports as required on a timely basis; identifies additional activities, training or materials necessary to achieve specific product sales goals in key accounts and markets; responsible for identifying and continuously improving activities that can affect customer perception.
- Provides recommendations for expense budgets; manages business expenses in accordance with corporate guidelines; ensures all assigned company owned equipment, vehicles, documents, materials, etc. are used, maintained and stored as required and in accordance with company policy.
- Primary focus on Key Growth Segments – CORPORATE/RETAIL/CRE
- Weekly Meetings, WIGS, Lead Measures (4DX) – Execution, LMS and other required training
- Territory Activity: Stays abreast in Trade and Networking organizations in the territory. Actively participating in events and scheduling after hour (5-9) activities for additional networking opportunities.
- External Partnering with buying groups: Starnet/Fuse or other partners for major projects / national accounts
- Internal partnering for turnkey opportunities
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent work experience required
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible work related experience and any combination of education and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job;
- Ability to learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of the company’s diverse business and product lines
- Demonstrated knowledge of the terms, concepts and practices of the marketing and sales environment: to include basic accounting, negotiating, prospecting new clients, networking, solution based selling, understanding product developments, design, and performance and manufacturing procedures, distribution, customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to call on CORPORATE/RETAIL/CRE (Selling to the C-Suite Client)
- Proficient using a technology: Microsoft Office products, Mobile Technology, E-Mail and other in-house database systems
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Back to top