This position can be based out of San Francisco, New York, or remote (we accept candidates from many states).
Modern Treasury is hiring for Account Executives of all levels to join our Sales team. In this role you'll manage inbound and outbound leads and build relationships with our prospective customers. You also have experience building your own pipeline through prospecting and closing outbound-generated opportunities by creating strong business cases.
You will own the relationship with prospects, guiding them through the full sales cycle to happy Modern Treasury Customers. We are looking for someone who is comfortable in a multi-party consultative sales process, engaging with both business and technical conversations across multiple levels of an organization including the CFO, CTO, CPO and COO. You are familiar with selling to early to late stage tech companies.
You enjoy developing a deep product understanding and you'd be comfortable articulating how companies can leverage our APIs & webhooks to automate their workflows. While you will be owning the relationship with prospects, you also will loop in Sales Engineers to assist with technical validation as needed.
As an early Mid Market AE at Modern Treasury you will have the unique opportunity to help set the team culture and drive our sales process and go to market strategy.
ABOUT MODERN TREASURY
Modern Treasury builds payment operations solutions. Our tools automate the full cycle of money movement-from payment initiation, through approvals, to reconciliation-and are accessible through web application or API.
We believe that payment operations is at the core of every business. We're a lean team and we work hard to build outstanding products for our customers. When we succeed, our customers grow.
WEEK BY WEEK
During your first week you will:
- Meet the team and setup accounts
- Develop an understanding of the payments landscape
- Read our favorite industry primers
- Build an understanding of how we integrate with banks, and how banks and their clients benefit from partnering with Modern Treasury
- Build a deep understanding of our brand positioning, sales process, and customer stories
- Shadow sales calls and listen to pre-recorded sales calls
- Review proposals and supporting resources you can use during the sales cycle
- Run your first sales calls
- Build your pipeline
- Independently manage and develop your pipeline
- Close your first customers
- Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and improve our sales process
- Communicate customer needs and requirements to Product and Marketing teams to inform our product roadmap
- 3+ years of Sales experience in closing deals
- Ability to understand Modern Treasury's API and clearly communicate it to both a Technical audience and Finance teams.
- A track record of success in driving consistent activity, pipeline development and quota achievement
- Superior verbal and written communication, presentation and relationship management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. We are a startup and need people who are ok doing things outside their traditional job description.
- BA/BS required
Modern Treasury is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any employment opportunities or practices based on an individual's race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices), marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), natural hair, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer, and genetic characteristics), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.