Principal Devops Engineer (AWS Cloud)
- Hyderabad, India
Brief Position Description:
Model N is seeking a Principal DevOps Engineer for its Product Development team. Candidates will work closely with other members to establish automation and infrastructure to support development activities within the company. Members in this role are encouraged to take ownership and help formulate the vision for all aspects of the build and deployment process, including automation, system administration, custom tool development, and system architecture. This role will be reporting to the Director- Life Sciences Platform Development
- Develop, deploy, monitor, optimize and maintain build and release pipelines
- Should be able to drive a vision of IaC within the organization
- Creating packages, builds, releases and patches as well as the software deliverables for the customers
- Improve deployment procedures with automation (CI/CD) and documenting the deployment procedures
- Experience in containerizing Enterprise-scale applications will be valued
- Work with QA teams to improve the efficiency of automation runs by exploring innovative approaches like parallelization/auto-scaling etc
- Work with the frontend and backend engineering teams to automate the manual work related to deployment configuration in day-to-day tasks
- Guide and support developments teams on branching and versioning approaches
- Administration of the hardware and software systems required to support the build process
- Develop and maintain ANT build files used by automated build and deployment systems
- Create and manage QA and Product Certification environments for multiple product releases
- Create and manage department infrastructure (Source Control, Bug Tracking, Licensing Server, etc.)
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience in DevOps Engineering
- Experience of Ansible/Terraform
- Expertise in Containerization and orchestration technologies like Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience in AWS and related cloud technologies.
- Experience in scripting like Shell/Python/Groovy is required
- Expertise in build tools like ANT & MAVEN is required
- Expert level experience in working with Jenkins
- Experience in and demonstrated understanding of enterprise application deployment under Weblogic, Websphere and/or JBoss strongly desired.
- Experience with UNIX, Linux, and Windows operating systems. System Administration skills are strongly desired.
- Experience in and demonstrated understanding of source control management concepts such as branching, merging, and integration
- Experience in configuring and running code coverage tools like Karma Coverage, Jacoco, Cobertura
- Experience in one or more VM technologies e.g. VMware/XEN
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fast learner, able to pick up new ideas and approaches quickly
- Qualification BE/B.Tech or ME/M.Tech
At Model N, we believe our collective success stems from the uniqueness of every individual's diverse backgrounds, experiences, and expertise; we call this the N Factor. So don’t allow uncertainty to keep you from applying to join our team. If you don’t meet the exact criteria but can demonstrate your skillset is the best for the job, we’d love to talk with you. We’re curious to know, what’s your N Factor?
About Model N
Model N enables life sciences and high tech companies to drive growth and market share, minimizing revenue leakage throughout the revenue lifecycle. With deep industry expertise and solutions purpose-built for these industries, Model N delivers comprehensive visibility, insight and control over the complexities of commercial operations and compliance. Our integrated cloud solution is proven to automate pricing, incentive and contract decisions to scale business profitably and grow revenue. Model N is trusted across more than 120 countries by the world’s leading pharmaceutical, medical technology, semiconductor, and high tech companies, including Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Stryker, Seagate Technology, Broadcom and Microchip Technology. For more information, visit www.modeln.com.
Feel free to submit a general application or sign up for Job Alerts to stay informed about future opportunities. We’re constantly growing and may have something for you later on. Check out our career site to learn more about Model N or view other jobs: https://www.modeln.com/company/careers/
Back to top