Director, Strategy and Corporate Development
- Weston, MA
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the successful Director of Strategy & Corporate Development candidate will be a motivated and adaptable leader and will help our senior management team build a healthy organization, define the right organic and inorganic growth strategies, and help drive our most critical cross-functional efforts. This person will play a pivotal role in shaping many of Model N’s most strategic decisions, especially related to defining and executing on the company’s short- and long-term growth strategy.
The Director of Strategy & Corporate Development will be responsible for overseeing multiple projects at a time, have direct interaction with senior management, and be expected to influence and drive positive and lasting change throughout the organization. You will be viewed as a key advisor to the senior leadership team and own many high-priority initiatives across the company.
- Play a lead role in Model N’s annual strategic planning process. Includes establishing the company’s strategic priorities, filtering corporate-level strategy down to relevant activities and investments for each department, and ensuring alignment between all functions.
- Build a thorough understanding of Model N products and how we add value within the life sciences and high tech verticals
- Work directly with the executive leadership team to communicate priorities, activities, and results to the larger organization, while ensuring deliverables are met. Have a strong pulse and feedback loop on organizational needs.
- Ownership for Model N’s target market definition and opportunity sizing by industry vertical, sub-segment, and geography
- Influence and shape the company’s growth strategy through both organic and inorganic means
- Assist in mergers & acquisitions activity as it arises including deal screening, due diligence, investment case development, transaction structuring, managing third-party intermediaries, financial analysis, post-merger integration etc.
- Participate in or lead ad hoc special “internal consulting” projects at the request of the CEO, CSO or other executives. These projects could include matters related to pricing, packaging, sales strategy/operations, process improvement, business/investment cases, market research, new product/service formations, international strategy, strategic partnerships etc.
- Assist with executive and board level strategy formulation, content creation, and meeting facilitation
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint
- 8+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, corporate development/M&A, and/or private equity
- Demonstrated interest in technology, enterprise software, and/or life sciences
- Strong desire to join a growth-oriented technology company
- Experience with developing and executing on M&A strategy including thesis development, deal execution, and post-merger integration
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and to influence through data, insights, and storytelling
- Creative problem-solver with ability to work independently and to drive for results
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Build trust quickly at all levels of the organization including senior management
- Ability to travel
About Model N
Model N is a leading provider of cloud revenue management solutions for life sciences and high tech companies. Driving mission-critical business processes such as pricing, quoting, contracting, regulatory compliance, rebates and incentives, our software helps companies know and grow their true top line and maximize every revenue moment at speed and scale. With deep industry expertise, Model N supports the complex business needs of the world’s leading brands in pharmaceutical, medical technology, semiconductor, and high-tech manufacturing across more than 100 countries, including Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Novartis, Microchip Technology and ON Semiconductor. For more information, visit www.modeln.com. Model N® is the registered trademark of Model N, Inc. Any other company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification purposes only.
To learn more about Model N and view more open jobs: https://www.modeln.com/company/careers/
Back to top