Vice President, Product Development & Production
About our Company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose by taking the work out of dressing for work. Through our thoughtfully-designed products and highly personalized service model, we celebrate and champion the modern professional woman.
Who are we?
We're a varied group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop and dress for work. We’re scrappy, straightforward, strategic, and snack-oriented. We think big, but we sweat the details. We take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. We have a validated market and die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, and a whip-smart and energetic team. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We truly believe we can do it better and faster and smarter—and have more fun while we’re at it. We are incredibly proud of the team and culture we’ve built, and are intensely focused on maintaining and evolving this special thing we’ve got going on.
What is the role?
- Responsible for product growth strategy in keeping with the brand vision
- Bridges business needs with manufacturing strategy, including:
- Curating a vendor base that positions the company for current and future growth
- Setting and managing company expectations on gross margin
- Effectively leveraging volume allocation to create further opportunities for specialized production
- Developing systems for efficient raw materials management
- Strategizes company shift towards sustainability
- Leads the charge on product category expansion: brings new concepts, product ideas, overarching market perspective and a strong point of view to the development of new product categories
- Leads R&D of new, innovative materials and design concepts
- Sets product standards and puts checks and balances in place to maintain consistency in fit and quality
- Collaborates with cross functional departments for product launch strategies and execution
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with suppliers and vendors to improve costs, quality and lead times
- Oversees timelines and budgets for the Product team
- Develops and mentors senior team members across Product Development and Production teams: set clear objectives, provide ongoing performance feedback, provide mentoring and coaching to facilitate their professional development and success
What skills do you have?
- 15+ years of experience in Product Development/Production/Sourcing roles of increasing scope, complexity and leadership responsibility in the apparel and retail industry
- Commitment to quality, with a focus on social and environmental impact
- Possesses high level of creativity, attention to detail at every level
- Must be team-oriented and possess strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Existing connections with manufacturers and suppliers around the world
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build lasting relationships
Back to top