About our company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose by taking the work out of dressing for work. Through our thoughtfully-designed products and highly personalized service model, we celebrate and champion the modern professional woman.
Who are we?
We're a varied group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop and dress for work. We’re scrappy, straightforward, strategic, and snack-oriented. We think big, but we sweat the details. We take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. We have a validated market and die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, and a whip-smart and energetic team. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We truly believe we can do it better and faster and smarter—and have more fun while we’re at it. We are incredibly proud of the team and culture we’ve built, and are intensely focused on maintaining and evolving this special thing we’ve got going on.
About the role
We are looking for an accomplished UX Designer to join our Product team. You will help us enhance our existing digital touch points, define new customer journeys, and obsess over the details. You'll own the early stages of research and ideation, and collaborate with teams across the company through the development process.
You’ll be key to our mission to get technology out of the customer’s way, to make building a work wardrobe effortless, and to be strategic about our customer interactions -- arriving with the right message at the right time.
What will you do?
- Lead the UX/UI of new features and updates across our digital presence
- Collaborate with our product and engineering teams to translate complex ideas into visually elegant, user-friendly designs
- Design mobile, desktop and device experiences that are thoughtful and engaging
- Drive our customer pathing, and ensure focused, intuitive, and easily navigable experiences
- Support product and business goals through customer-centric design solutions
- Develop wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Work closely with our Analytics team to research user behavior, identify areas of opportunity, define experiments and assess success
- Know our competition and their experiences in and out
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas
What skills do you have?
- You have three or more years of UX design experience
- You’ve likely dabbled with UX software such as Sketch, Invision, Axure, or similar tools
- You have a strong point of view on how products should be developed
- You very clearly communicate, prototype and document your design decisions
- You are well versed in UX design best practices to design solutions, and have a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- You are thoughtful about user-centered design and testing methodologies, and considerate of usability and accessibility concerns
- You clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders
- You are passionate about all things UX and design, and demonstrate knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
See Inside the Office of MM.LaFleur
MM.LaFleur is an NYC-based e-commerce company that "takes the work out of dressing for work" for professional women. Combining aspects of a woman’s personal style and dynamic lifestyle, the company offers luxury-quality pieces at contemporary price points. MM.LaFleur’s business isn't limited to product—the company also publishes a digital magazine, The M Dash, and provides standout service by pairing each customer with her own MM stylist.
Back to top