Store Manager, Chicago, IL
Target Start Date: August
About our company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for modern women of purpose. How? By delivering luxury-quality clothing via a seamless, direct-to-consumer stylist experience.
Who are we?
We're a varied group of go-getters who are all passionate about re-imagining the way women shop and dress for work. We have a validated market and die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, and a whip-smart and energetic team. We take our work (but never ourselves) very seriously. We’re data obsessors who like nice clothes. We are incredibly proud of the team and culture we’ve built, and are intensely focused on maintaining and evolving this special thing we’ve got going on.
About This Role
MM.LaFleur is redefining "brick and mortar." We are creating a revolutionary experience for our customers who love great style but have minimal time to shop (hence our hashtag, #BetterThingsToDo). Our key differentiator is our hyper-personalized customer service and we want you to be on the ground floor of building that experience.
As Manager of our Showroom “Out of Office” Chicago, you will launch and build our third brick-and-mortar location. We’re looking for a go-getter who loves a challenge and managing a growing team.
What will you do?
- Launch our new showroom! You will assist with every step in the process: hiring, training, setup, and opening week events
- Manage a small but growing team of part-time and full-time stylists
- Maximize the success of the showroom by exceeding targets, planning brand events, and building client relationships
- Communicate regularly with HQ team members to optimize the showroom's performance
- Typical management duties including but not limited to: hiring, training, scheduling, payroll, budget, orders, setting forecasts
- Act as a role model and inspire the team!
Who are you?
- 2-5 years of retail/service experience with a minimum of 2 years of management experience
- A passion for working with people 1 on 1 and building client relationships
- A love for training, managing and developing a team; you’re empathetic and thoughtful
- Excellent communication, inter-personal, verbal and written skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word and scheduling/POS systems
- Ability to be self-directed and comfortable operating with limited oversight
- Ability to turn on a dime and to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Passion for MM.LaFleur's mission to “take the work out of dressing for work”
*A commitment to growth: We’re a start-up, which means we’re focused on one thing—growing—and we want you to join us for the ride. Help us become a company that is truly loved by purposeful women across the world, and the opportunities for you are endless.
See Inside the Office of MM.LaFleur
MM.LaFleur is an NYC-based e-commerce company that "takes the work out of dressing for work" for professional women. Combining aspects of a woman’s personal style and dynamic lifestyle, the company offers luxury-quality pieces at contemporary price points. MM.LaFleur’s business isn't limited to product—the company also publishes a digital magazine, The M Dash, and provides standout service by pairing each customer with her own MM stylist.
Back to top