Sr. Manager, Store Design
About our company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose by taking the work out of dressing for work. Through our thoughtfully-designed products and highly personalized service model, we celebrate and champion the modern professional woman.
Who are we?
We're a varied group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop and dress for work. We’re scrappy, straightforward, strategic, and snack-oriented. We think big, but we sweat the details. We take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. We have a validated market and die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, and a whip-smart and energetic team. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We truly believe we can do it better and faster and smarter—and have more fun while we’re at it. We are incredibly proud of the team and culture we’ve built, and are intensely focused on maintaining and evolving this special thing we’ve got going on.
About this role
MM.LaFleur is redefining "brick-and-mortar." We are creating a revolutionary experience for our customers who love great style but have minimal time to shop (hence our hashtag, #BetterThingsToDo). Our key differentiator is our hyper-personalized customer service and we want you to be on the ground floor of building that experience.
As Senior Manager of Store Design, you will develop and direct design for the company’s retail expansion across the US, reporting to the PM of Store Planning & Construction. You are responsible for the design of new and existing showrooms, which range from 2,000-6,000 SF and include tenant improvement work and base building coordination. You will manage schematic design and design development, working with internal partners and external consultants through all phases of design—inception to construction documents to the punch-list.
We are seeking a candidate who is a visionary as well as solution-driven, organized and a master of time management. You love designing experiences and you think outside the box. You have a proven track record in delivering high-quality commercial interiors.
What will you do?
- Manage the design development of multiple locations in 2018 across the US from the signing of the Letter of Intent to the turnover of the space to the retail operations team. (80% showroom, 20% office space)
- Assist in development of pop-ups and free-standing stores
- Coordinate with visual merchandising, marketing and sales to develop cohesive brand design identity
- Review site-selection and pre-design phase for new projects, and remodels; produce lease exhibit
- Coordinate LL scope of work with CD drawings
- Create layout, schematic design, and 3D visualization (sketch and presentation level)
- Manage external consultants including architects and millworkers: review CD development and compliance with prototype and design standards, and review shop drawings as needed
- Oversee development and procurement of fixtures, furniture and décor
- Coordinate with internal teams to ensure buy-in with key stakeholders: VM, Retail Ops, and Finance
- Resolve construction/design related issues as they arise in the field by providing sketches and expertise
- Identify opportunities for the use of new technology and materials
- Manage the balance between creative design objectives and business objectives
What skills do you have?
- B.Arch/ M.Arch or Interior Design Degree mandatory
- 7+ years of architectural design and construction experience in a commercial environment – retail design experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe. SketchUP, rendering and 3D modeling a plus
- Ability to manage several projects at once; at least 3 years of project management experience
See Inside the Office of MM.LaFleur
MM.LaFleur is an NYC-based e-commerce company that "takes the work out of dressing for work" for professional women. Combining aspects of a woman’s personal style and dynamic lifestyle, the company offers luxury-quality pieces at contemporary price points. MM.LaFleur’s business isn't limited to product—the company also publishes a digital magazine, The M Dash, and provides standout service by pairing each customer with her own MM stylist.
Back to top