Sr. Graphic Designer
About our company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose by taking the work out of dressing for work. Through our thoughtfully-designed products and highly personalized service model, we celebrate and champion the modern professional woman.
Who are we?
We're a varied group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop and dress for work. We’re scrappy, straightforward, strategic, and snack-oriented. We think big, but we sweat the details. We take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. We have a validated market and die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, and a whip-smart and energetic team. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We truly believe we can do it better and faster and smarter—and have more fun while we’re at it. We are incredibly proud of the team and culture we’ve built, and are intensely focused on maintaining and evolving this special thing we’ve got going on.
About This Role
MM is growing quickly, and we’re looking for a Senior Graphic Designer who can help us continue to evolve our brand identity. As Senior Graphic Designer, you will work with the Art Director and Creative team to develop designs for all aspects of MM.LaFleur’s visuals, including the website, emails, print collateral, packaging, advertising, and other brand assets. MM is a fast-paced environment, and we need someone with the capacity to come up with new ideas while juggling multiple projects at once. In short, we're looking for a design superstar who is excited about jumping in and taking on new responsibilities.
What will you do?
- Create recurring graphic design assets, including weekly marketing & editorial emails, social posts, and packaging
- Fulfill creative requests for digital ads
- Draft web layouts for seasonal product launches according to merchandise assortment & web architecture
- Design store signage for showrooms, pop-up shops, and offline visual merchandise needs
- Concept & ideate on new and existing brand collateral under Art Director’s guidance
- Iterate on the look and feel of the website under Art Director’s guidance
- Produce printed brand assets (business cards, stationery, hangtags. labels, packaging, etc.)
- Source and work with external vendors (such as printers) to accomplish design needs
- Create Out Of Home ads, such as subway advertisements
- Edit video and create motion graphics pieces
What skills do you have?
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Communication Design or related field)
- 3-4 years of design experience
- Highly organized self-starter with extreme attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional partners to achieve business needs
- Strong sense and use of typography
- Capacity to translate complex ideas and requests into clear, customer-friendly experiences
- Discerning eye for photo editing, cropping, and compositing
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Collaborative, flexible team member with a positive attitude and eagerness to learn
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- You heart startups—you like flexibility and ownership; you move quickly and (sometimes) break things; you appreciate process, but don’t mind if it doesn’t exist sometimes.
- Big pluses: Illustration skills; hand lettering skills; video/motion graphics; coding/CMS experience/understanding; photography; retouching
See Inside the Office of MM.LaFleur
MM.LaFleur is an NYC-based e-commerce company that "takes the work out of dressing for work" for professional women. Combining aspects of a woman’s personal style and dynamic lifestyle, the company offers luxury-quality pieces at contemporary price points. MM.LaFleur’s business isn't limited to product—the company also publishes a digital magazine, The M Dash, and provides standout service by pairing each customer with her own MM stylist.
Back to top