About Our Company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose by taking the work out of dressing for work. Through our thoughtfully-designed products and highly personalized service model, we celebrate and champion the modern professional woman.
Who are we?
We're a varied group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop and dress for work. We’re scrappy, straightforward, strategic, and snack-oriented. We think big, but we sweat the details. We take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. We have a validated market and die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, and a whip-smart and energetic team. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We truly believe we can do it better and faster and smarter—and have more fun while we’re at it. We are incredibly proud of the team and culture we’ve built, and are intensely focused on maintaining and evolving this special thing we’ve got going on.
About This Role
Do you wake up in the night to write down clever quips? Do you wince at misused grammar in subway ads? Do you find em dashes exciting? Can you ruthlessly edit yourself (and others) in order to churn out pitch-perfect writing? And most important: Do you want to oversee copy at a booming startup that has become known for its singular voice?
MM.LaFleur is growing incredibly fast, and we need a whip-smart wordsmith to lead the charge when it comes to all things written. We’re looking for someone who understands and appreciates our current brand voice and has tons of ideas for how to build on it to engage the MM woman. Who is she, you ask? A worldly, discerning, witty, curious, ambitious professional who has #BetterThingsToDo than shop. She has no tolerance for clichés or pandering, and she appreciates a brand with a brain. If you’re excited to speak to this woman on her level, you’ve come to the right place.
What will you do?
- Be the guardian of our brand voice across all channels
- Write, edit, and oversee creation of all brand copy, including: marketing campaign copy and tag lines, product descriptions, product and color naming, website copy, emails, social and advertising copy, event invitations and signage, packaging, and who-knows-what (because things are always a little unpredictable here—get ready!)
- Evolve and expand the current MM.LaFleur Voice & Style Guide
- Develop systems and processes for managing copy workflow
- Collaborate with content, design, merchandising, sales, and events teams to ensure maximum messaging impact
- Juggle multiple projects at a time, and delegate tasks to junior team members as needed
- Contribute to our digital magazine, The M Dash, and other elements of our content strategy (videos, podcasts, etc.)
- Be a fount of ideas and an active contributor to our creative and marketing teams
- Make your mark: Copy touches all elements of our company, and you’ll have ample opportunity to collaborate with different departments and contribute to every aspect of our business.
What skills do you have?
- 3+ years of experience in a writing-focused role at a brand, agency, or publication
- A compelling, original voice and point of view
- Strong copyediting abilities; excellent written communication skills
- A zero-typo attitude
- Alignment with our cultural values: kind, direct, hard-working, flexible, don’t-take-yourself-too-seriously
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup environment
- A nuanced understanding of the MM.LaFleur brand, voice, and mission
- Enthusiasm about working at a company that serves and empowers professional women through fashion, styling, and content
Tip: Your cover letter is important to us. Show us what you've got!
See Inside the Office of MM.LaFleur
MM.LaFleur is an NYC-based e-commerce company that "takes the work out of dressing for work" for professional women. Combining aspects of a woman’s personal style and dynamic lifestyle, the company offers luxury-quality pieces at contemporary price points. MM.LaFleur’s business isn't limited to product—the company also publishes a digital magazine, The M Dash, and provides standout service by pairing each customer with her own MM stylist.
Back to top