Separates Merchandise Associate
About our company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose by taking the work out of dressing for work. Through our thoughtfully-designed products and highly personalized service model, we celebrate and champion the modern professional woman.
Who are we?
We're a varied group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop and dress for work. We’re scrappy, straightforward, strategic, and snack-oriented. We think big, but we sweat the details. We take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. We have a validated market and die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, and a whip-smart and energetic team. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We truly believe we can do it better and faster and smarter—and have more fun while we’re at it. We are incredibly proud of the team and culture we’ve built, and are intensely focused on maintaining and evolving this special thing we’ve got going on.
About this role
Separates Merchandise Associate Merchandising at MM: Welcome to a team where creativity meets data and beautiful designs turn into real product. You will be a critical player in this category of the business and collaborate with many cross-functional teams at MM to achieve sales goals and develop product strategies.
What will you do?
- Manage the Separates (Tops, Bottoms, Jackets) category assortment; drive all decision-making for this category, keeping our customers’ needs and preferences top of mind
- Ensure right mix of staple pieces and designed styles, high price point, and low price point styles, and appropriate assortment mix weighing a number of other significant category-relevant attributes
- Work closely with Design to understand the creative vision of collection and make functional recommendations to products
- Be a part of the team on the forefront of redefining retail
- Understand and comply with the merchandise development calendar
- Monitor product performance closely to understand key business drivers and underperformers
- Provide actionable insights and business opportunities to our brilliant design team
- Collaborate with planning to support the Separates category needs for our three channels: Online, Offline, and Bento
- Strategize with Marketing and Sales to develop compelling campaigns that inspire customers and drive revenue growth
- Become go-to resource for Separates product performance (keep rate (return rate), customer fit feedback, etc.)
- Analyze product performance and provide reorder recommendations/approvals for the Planning team
What skills do you have?
- 3-5 years of relevant job experience (Merchandising, Buying, Planning)
- Advanced experience working in Excel
- Ambition to succeed in a fast-paced start-up environment
- A desire to innovate, breakthrough norms, and do something different
- A passion for MM products and fulfilling the needs of our extraordinary customers
- Steadfast willingness and drive to “find a way”
See Inside the Office of MM.LaFleur
MM.LaFleur is an NYC-based e-commerce company that "takes the work out of dressing for work" for professional women. Combining aspects of a woman’s personal style and dynamic lifestyle, the company offers luxury-quality pieces at contemporary price points. MM.LaFleur’s business isn't limited to product—the company also publishes a digital magazine, The M Dash, and provides standout service by pairing each customer with her own MM stylist.
Back to top